March babies are a breed of their own. They represent sunshine and hopeful new beginnings! As we roll into the spring season during their birth, our March babies lead us into the warmer days ahead. Babies born during the third month of the year enter this world just as most animals awaken from their hibernation – ready and curious to take in their new scenery. Each is getting to see their scenery become brighter day after day. Here are a few fun facts about your March baby!
March is the month of the lion – and the lamb.
You can look forward to your little one bursting into the world as the head of the pack or quickly winning your heart as the sweet, more docile one. These symbolic animals are so different yet very powerful in their meaning. Since this time of the year is an in-between, sending off winter and welcoming spring, you can most likely expect your March baby to show you strong qualities from both!
Pisces or Aries?
Babies born in March will be represented by one of two zodiac signs covering this part of the calendar year. If your little one swims their way into the world anywhere from March 1st to the 20th, they will be one of the fish. Pisces children are considered to be the most intuitive sign. They are sometimes called old souls, and you may feel you’ve known them forever. The old wives’ tale of “take a fussy baby out in the air or into the water” may prove to be very effective for your little Piscean. As their astrological signs symbolize, they will likely feel right at home in the water. The early March baby may be sensitive and require extra cuddles and comfort – so be ready for many special moments!
If your little one arrives later in the month, from the 21st on, they will be an Aries. This zodiac sign is often full of life. Aries is a fire sign, independent and capable. They are the proverbial lion in this situation, and you can expect a natural-born leader. They are energetic and motivated – so you may want to read up on your baby proofing early if you have a late March arrival! With such versatile signs mixing this month, you can likely expect your little one to display wonderful traits from both.
The flower that represents March is the daffodil. There are more than 40 different daffodil species.1 Like the beautiful gradients of their yellow petals, March babies are different too! Different sunlight, soil, and care contribute to the daffodil’s blooms, just like how our diverse environments contribute to our little one’s quirks and traits. Daffodils signify new life, making it the perfect flower to represent the new baby you have given to the world!
A future CEO?
Even though your sweetheart is still slowly blooming, they may be on a fast track to greatness! According to an article in TIME Magazine, your little March-ling could be destined for the top.2 Quoting a study published by the journal Economic Letters, the results show that March was the most common birth month among CEOs and business leaders. That’s right — you could have a future boss on your hands! Through all the challenging moments and sleepless nights, remember you could be raising one of our world’s biggest contributors. When they hit it big . . . make sure to remind your little chief who changed their diapers!
A new baby feels like a precious jewel. Two beautiful gems represent March-born children. The aquamarine, an ocean-colored stone, is considered the original representation of March. The Romans believed it had healing powers. The aquamarine was rare, only carried ashore by the tides when strong enough. Some believed they were magical. They’d rely on the stone to show them their future. Another healing stone symbolizes March youngsters.
The Bloodstone, a type of quartz, is a sacred crystal also believed to hold healing powers. It is a dark-green gemstone flecked with vivid red spots of iron oxide. Both birthstones are representative of mystic powers. Fortunately, you don’t need a rock to show you what will come. We can promise that diapers, diapers, and more diapers are on your horizon in just a few short weeks!
Holidays in March
Your little one just might be born on a cool holiday. See which holidays are in March!
- March 1: National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day, Plan a Solo Vacation Day, World Compliment Day, Fun Facts About Names Day, National Pig Day, Peace Corps Day
- March 2: National Read Across America Day,
- March 3: Caregiver Appreciation Day, National Anthem Day, World Wildlife Day
- March 4: National Hug a G.I. Day, National Grammar Day, World Obesity Day, World Book Day
- March 5: Employee Appreciation Day, World Day of Prayer
- March 6: National Dentist’s Day, National Frozen Food Day
- March 7: National Cereal Day, Namesake Day
- March 8: International Women’s Day
- March 9: Read Aloud Day
- March 10: National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, National Oreo Cookie Day, Middle Name Pride Day, International Day of Awesomeness
- March 11: Johnny Appleseed Day
- March 12: Plant a Flower Day, Girl Scouts Day
- March 13: National K-9 Veterans Day, Genealogy Day
- March 14: National Pi Day, Learn About Butterflies Day, National Potato Chip Day
- March 15: The Ides of March
- March 16: Freedom of Information Day, National Artichoke Day, National Panda Day
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day
- March 18: Supreme Sacrifice Day, National Biodiesel Day, Awkward Moments Day, Goddess of Fertility Day
- March 19: National Poultry Day
- March 20: Equinox Earth Day, First Day of Spring*, International Day of Happiness, International Earth Day, Proposal Day
- March 21: National Teenager Day, International Day of Forests, World Down Syndrome Day, World Poetry Day
- March 22: World Water Day, National Goof Off Day
- March 23: World Meteorology Day, National Puppy Day, American Diabetes Alert Day, National Chip and Dip Day
- March 24: World Tuberculosis Day, National Cocktail Day, National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day
- March 25: Tolkien Reading Day, International Waffle Day, Pecan Day
- March 26: Make Up Your Own Holiday Day, National Spinach Day
- March 27: National “Joe” Day, Passover begins at sundown (date varies)
- March 28: Respect Your Cat Day, Something on a Stick Day, Palm Sunday (date varies)
- March 29: National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day
- March 30: I am in Control Day, Take a Walk in the Park Day, National Doctors’ Day
- March 31: National Crayon Day, World Backup Day
Famous People Born in March
It’s always fun to see who else was born on your baby’s birthday or due date. Some inspiring and interesting people were born in March.
- March 1: Justin Beiber, Kesha, Lupita Nyong’o, Mark Paul Gosselaar, Ron Howard
- March 2: Bryce Dallas Howard, Rebel Wilson, Jon Bon Jovi, Daniel Craig, Chris Martin, Dr. Seuss
- March 3: Jessica Biel, Camila Cabello
- March 4: Catherine O’Hara, Brooklyn Beckham
- March 5: Eva Mendes, Joel Osteen
- March 6: Shaquille “Shaq” O’Neal, Michelangelo
- March 7: Bryan Cranston, Jenna Fischer
- March 8: James Van Der Beek, Kat Von D, Freddie Prince Jr.
- March 9: Oscar Isaac, Bow Wow, Brittany Snow
- March 10: Olivia Wilde, Carrie Underwood, Chuck Norris, Robin Thicke, Jon Hamm
- March 11: Terrence Howard, Johnny Knoxville
- March 12: Aaron Eckhart, Liza Minnelli
- March 13: William H. Macy
- March 14: Stephen Curry, Albert Einstein, Simone Biles, Billy Crystal
- March 15: Eva Longoria, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, will.i.am, Saint Nicholas, Andrew Jackson
- March 16: Lauren Graham, Blake Griffin, James Madison
- March 17: John Boyega, Rob Kardashian, Rob Lowe, Kurt Russell, Nat King Cole
- March 18: Lily Collins, Adam Levine, Queen Latifah, Vanessa Williams, Grover Cleveland, Dane Cook
- March 19: Bruce Willis, Glenn Close, Harvey Weinstein, Casey Anthony
- March 20: Holly Hunter, Fred Rogers, Spike Lee
- March 21: Scott Eastwood, Rosie O’Donnell, Matthew Broderick
- March 22: Reese Witherspoon, JJ Watt, William Shatner
- March 23: Keri Russell, Perez Hilton, Brett Young
- March 24: Jessica Chastain, Peyton Manning, Jim Parsons, Harry Houdini, Tommy Hilfiger, Chris Bosh
- March 25: Elton John, Aretha Franklin, Sarah Jessica Parker, Danica Patrick
- March 26: Keira Knightley, Diana Ross, Guccio Gucci, Steven Tyler, Kenny Chesney, Martin Short
- March 27: Mariah Carey, Quentin Tarantino, Jessie J, Fergie
- March 28: Lady Gaga, Reba McEntire, Julia Stiles, Vince Vaughn
- March 29: Ed Skrein, John Tyler, Elle Macpherson
- March 30: Céline Dion, Vincent van Gogh, Thomas Rhett, Norah Jones, Piers Morgan
- March 31: Ewan McGregor, Christopher Walken, Al Gore
Welcome, March baby. The world can’t wait to meet you!