July is here! Between beach trips, barbeques, and local pool trips, your family will likely keep busy and active this month. If you are anticipating welcoming a new baby, you have so much to look forward to! July babies are a wonderful addition to the world. They are prone to adopting a sunny disposition since July is typically the warmest month of the year here in the northern hemisphere! Perhaps you could give your little one a floral name in honor of their birth month since farmers tend to work the hardest during July, diligently keeping their crops healthy and plentiful.
July is a month of happiness, with a carefree summer feeling washing over us before the workload of the fall comes back around. Let’s learn some fun facts about our new July babies!
Fun Facts About July Babies
A Strong Stone
Our children are the most valuable gifts we ever receive in this life. Gifts and good fortune naturally represent July babies! The birthstone for people born in July is the Ruby. July-born children may adopt the traits of their stone, which would serve them very well in life. Rubies are known to be extremely strong! They register almost a perfect score on the hardness scale. Your little bundle of July joy will be strong-willed and resilient, just like the Ruby they are symbolized with. The strong-willed child can be challenging, but the positive traits they’ll have will serve them well in adulthood!
The Crab or the Lion
July is home to two different astrological signs. If your baby is born at the beginning of the month, you’ll be welcoming a little crab into your family! Babies born between July 1st and July 22nd are Cancers. Cancers are water signs – known for their emotional and intuitive abilities. It’s been said they are the most devoted and loyal of the signs, so expect your little one to be by your side through it all in this life. They tend to mimic their symbol, earning them the rumor of being a bit moody or crabby. It’s best to learn about their sensitivities and connect with them through all their big emotions. I’m sure your crab will be the cutest one in this big ocean of life!
If your new babe makes their way into the world during the second half of the month, from the 23rd to the 31st, they will be a Leo. Your little lion will surely live up to its reputation. Leos are confident and full of character. They may be prone to a few tantrums – especially when they feel the attention is taken from them. It’s the passionate side of them! My youngest child is a Leo, born on July 30th, and I notice such a difference in how she requires attention than my other two children. She is so much harder to please with small tasks, but I realize it’s because she looks at every opportunity as big! I imagine great things for her and your new July baby!
Your new baby is bound to light up your heart – and every room they enter! Perhaps they get this characteristic from one of their symbolic birth flowers. July is represented by the Delphinium, more commonly known as a Larkspur. Growing in a range of colors from blue to pink to white, they represent a spectrum of attributes from dignity to youth. These flowers are shockingly bright and used to draw all eyes to the gardens they grow in. They can be the center of attention, and if they’re only children, they’ll probably revel in it!
These bright blossoms aren’t the only floral symbol for July babies. Exotic water lilies also characterize people born in July! Water lilies are delicate and light. They grow and float along the water, demonstrating an easy-going path in life. You may feel especially connected to the water lily, as it most importantly represents birth. Your little lily that you bring into the world is bound to be as beautiful as the floating flower it’s represented by.
Lucky for Mom . . .
According to a study focused on young children’s emotions and behaviors based on their birth season, your July baby may have fabulous self-regulation skills! This fairs well for us as parents because they may not be as prone to tantrums! They are less likely to get upset if things aren’t going their way because their emotional skills may be above average. We can’t guarantee you won’t have to diffuse a few situations during their toddler years, but we can still celebrate these odds!
One in a Million
Well, not exactly . . . but your baby may be part of only 12% of the population! Babies born in July are the most likely to be left-handed! This makes them part of a small group that also tends to be very creative. They say if you are dominant with your left hand, you are more likely to use the right side of your brain, which fuels creativity! This is exciting because you and your little lefty can look forward to fun crafts and quality time.
Whether they share the day laughing if they’re born on International Joke Day or setting off fireworks during their entrance on the 4th of July, your baby has 31 chances to share their birthday with something special or fun! Let’s look at the holidays and celebrations July will bring.
- July 1st: International Joke Day, Canada Day
- July 2nd: World UFO Day
- July 3rd: International Plastic Bag Free Day (how to introduce sustainability into your life!) National Compliment Your Mirror Day (ways to self-love!)
- July 4th: Independence Day (our Editor-in-Chief’s anniversary!)
- July 5th: National Bikini Day (Bathing Suits for Moms, here!)
- July 6th: International Kissing Day
- July 7th: Tell the Truth Day, World Chocolate Day
- July 8th: National Video Game Day
- July 9th: National Sugar Cookie Day, Nunavut Day
- July 10th: National Kitten Day, National Pina Colada Day (how to enjoy alcohol and breastfeed!)
- July 11th: World Population Day, Cheer Up the Lonely Day
- July 12th: National Pecan Pie Day, Orangemen’s Day
- July 13th: National French Fry Day, Cow Appreciation Day
- July 14th: Bastille Day, National Mac and Cheese Day
- July 15th: National Give Something Away Day (like hand-me-downs!), National Clean Beauty Day (here are some tips)
- July 16th: National Cherry Day
- July 17th: National Tattoo Day, World Emoji Day
- July 18th: World Listening Day (how to celebrate, even when it’s difficult!), National Ice Cream Day
- July 19th: National Daiquiri Day
- July 20th: National Moon Day, National Lollipop Day
- July 21st: National Hot Dog Day
- July 22nd: Pi Appreciation Day (even if Math is scary!)
- July 23rd: National Gorgeous Grandma Day (we love celebrating grandmas!)
- July 24th: National Cousins Day, National Tequila Day
- July 25th: National Parents Day (finally, a day for us!)
- July 26th: National Aunt and Uncle Day, National Coffee Milkshake Day
- July 27th: National Crème Brulee Day
- July 28th: World Hepatitis Day, National Chocolate Milk Day
- July 29th: National Lipstick Day, National Lasagna Day
- July 30th: International Day of Friendship, National Father-in-Law Day (here’s how to have a great relationship with your in-laws)
- July 31st: World Ranger Day, National Avocado Day
Sharing the Day with . . .
Not only could they share a fun day celebrating, but they could also be sharing their day of birth with some notable names!
- July 1st: Dan Aykroyd, Missy Elliott, Liv Tyler, Pamela Anderson
- July 2nd: Margot Robbie, Larry David, Ashely Tisdale, Lindsay Lohan
- July 3rd: Tom Cruise, Olivia Munn, Patrick Wilson
- July 4th: Neil Simon, Eva Marie Saint, Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino
- July 5th: Eva Green, Huey Lewis, Edie Falco
- July 6th: Kevin Hart, Sylvester Stallone, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson
- July 7th: Ringo Starr, Jim Gaffigan, Shelley Duvall
- July 8th: Kevin Bacon, Toby Keith, Milo Ventimiglia, Wolfgang Puck, Jaden Smith
- July 9th: Tom Hanks, Courtney Love, Fred Savage, O.J. Simpson, Jack White
- July 10th: Sofia Vergara, Jessica Simpson, Adrian Grenier
- July 11th: Georgio Armani, Lisa Rinna, Greg Grunberg
- July 12th: Michelle Rodriguez, Topher Grace, Richard Simmons, Bill Crosby
- July 13th: Harrison Ford, Patrick Stewart, Cameron Crowe
- July 14th: Jane Lynch, Matthew Fox, Joel Silver
- July 15th: Forest Whitaker, Diane Kruger, Brian Austin Green
- July 16th: Will Ferrell, Corey Feldman
- July 17th: Donald Sutherland, David Hasselhoff, Heather Langenkamp
- July 18th: Kristen Bell, Vin Diesel, Elsa Pataky, Chace Crawford
- July 19th: Benedict Cumberbatch, Vinessa Shaw
- July 20th: Julianne Hough, Sandra Oh, Gisele Bundchen
- July 21st: Josh Hartnett, Jon Lovitz, Ali Landry
- July 22nd: Selena Gomez, Willem Dafoe, David Spade, Alex Trebek, Danny Glover
- July 23rd: Daniel Radcliffe, Woody Harrelson, Kathryn Hahn, Slash
- July 24th: Anna Paquin, Jennifer Lopez, Elizabeth Moss, Kristin Chenoweth
- July 25th: Matt LeBlanc, James Lafferty
- July 26th: Sandra Bullock, Kate Beckinsale, Jason Statham, Kevin Spacey, Mick Jagger, Jeremy Piven
- July 27th: Maya Rudolph, Jonathon Rhys Meyers
- July 28th: Lori Laughlin, Elizabeth Berkley
- July 29th: Tim Gunn, Ken Burns
- July 30th: Lisa Kudrow, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Damon Wayans Jr., Christopher Nolan, Vivica A. Fox, Hilary Swank, Tom Green, Jaime Pressley,
- July 31st: J.K. Rowling, Wesley Snipes, Mark Cuban
No matter what day, sign, flower, or name represents your new baby, they are bound to do great things. July is a wonderful month for birth, and we wish you all the best! Congratulations and welcome, July babies!