5 ULTIMATE Baby Shower Gifts – Part II
- Is It Seriously That Easy to Get a Breast Pump through Insurance? - May 21, 2018
- 12 Ways to Naturally Induce Labor - May 15, 2018
- The ULTIMATE Hospital Bag Checklist - May 15, 2018
So, you just read my first two baby shower gift bag ideas for the ULTIMATE baby shower gifts. (If you haven’t, here it is.) But wait! If you still haven’t found the right gift for you to get, there’s still three more options to go that I know any expecting mama will love.
3. On-the-Go Baby
If you want to help build the perfect diaper bag and have any momma ready to go, look no further! Here are my favorites for the baby (and mommy) on-the-go!
- Toys: Having a great teether or something that can distract the baby is always helpful. I suggest getting Sophie (the super popular baby teether–a common shower favorite) and/or Baby Einstein’s Take Along Tunes.
- Diapers: These are a must-have in any diaper bag. It is called a DIAPER bag, you know! Make sure you ask if the parents plan on cloth diapering or using disposable diapers so that you aren’t getting something she won’t use.
- Wipes: You can give them a bag of refills to have ready in their bag, or you can give them a cute portable wipe dispenser. I recommend the OXO Tot On-the-Go Wipes Dispenser.
- Diaper Bag Insert/Organizer: Getting a diaper bag for someone is not something that I recommend since it’s such a personal choice. What I do love though is this diaper bag insert/organizer from Life in Play. This way she can use ANY purse or bag and VOILA! It turns into her diaper bag.
- Extra Outfit: They will need an extra outfit when they are on the go. What if the baby has a blow out or spits up all over their clothes? For a cute outfit, you must check out Kickee Pants. They seriously have the softest and cutest stuff. Honestly, I want a pair for me! (They actually do sell adult sizes too!)
- Bottles: If the mama is breastfeeding than a great breastfeeding cover from Bebe au Lait is the perfect thing! If she has pumped, I recommend the Dr. Brown’s bottles. If she is formula feeding her baby, the best bottle hands down is the Mixie baby. You must check it out! It’s too cool.
- Carrier/Wrap: If you’re wanting to splurge a little bit on this mama, getting a wrap or a carrier is the perfect gift. I am a huge advocate for babywearing! One of my favorite wraps is the Baby K’tan Active wrap (their coral and bright blue are just too cute!) and one of my favorite carriers is the Lillebaby Complete Airflow. Perfect for those hot summer days and any season before or after!
4. Diaper Duty Bag
One thing is for sure, these new parents are going to be changing a lot of diapers. A whole lot! So it’s great to have a changing station on each level of the house when the time comes for a diaper change. If their budget doesn’t allow it, or if they have a smaller home, or they just want something easier and more convenient, creating a portable diaper station for them is the perfect gift! Here’s what to include:
- Portable Diaper Caddy: To be able to pick up and take the caddy wherever you need a diaper changing station is genius! My personal favorite is Ubbi’s Portable Diaper Caddy. I love how there is a convenient spot for diapers, wipes, a drawer to store smaller items (like bottom balm, hand sanitizer, etc.), AND a soft changing mat, which is #2.
- Changing Mat: Instead of having to buy another product, save yourself from the hassle and go with Ubbi’s Portable Diaper Caddy since it includes everything you need for your portable changing station.
- Diapers: Told ya that it would be on my list again. 😉 Be a good friend/family member and pick some up!!
- Wipes: Just like diapers, they can’t get enough!! Check out Pampers and Honest for options.
- Bottom Balm: I’ve said it before, Boudreaux’s Butt Paste + Honest’s healing balm are the bomb!
- Hand Sanitizer: Get something small that can fit in the portable caddy. I suggest Babyganics or Honest.
I also like to mention that you do NOT need to get a wipe warmer as a gift. This is just my personal opinion, but I think it’s a waste of money. The heat from the wipe warmer and the moister/wetness from the wipes can cause bacteria to form which is something NO parent wants near their baby especially their baby’s private parts. You would need to make sure that it was properly cleaned once or twice a week to prevent bacteria from building. I also say that you can’t bring a wipe warmer in your purse so when you’re on-the-go, baby has to adjust to a cold wipe which is no fun to hear their shrills in public. :-/
And now for our LAST bag, which is actually my favorite one. Babies get all of the gifts at the showers so be the person to give something great specifically for the mom. 🙂
5. Mama Recovery Bag
When women are pregnant, they think about all the things that they need for baby and forget (or don’t realize) that there are a few things that they need to pick up for themselves. Usually by the time they realize they need these things, they are sending their hubbies/partners to the store. Awkward!! Be the star of the shower and create this much needed and much loved Recovery Bag for the mama-to-be.
- Bath Herbs: Once you have a baby, your whole pelvic floor will be sore. Getting her some bath herbs can really help soothe wounds, aches, pains, reduce swelling, heal tears and perineal bruising. It’s also really good for hemorrhoids too. You can get a regular Sitz Bath at any corner store or you can purchase Earth Mama Angel Baby’s Postpartum Bath Herbs.
- Pads: After giving birth, women will have lochia, which is vaginal bleeding from the uterus lining shedding. It can last as short as two weeks or as long as six weeks. (Note: Do NOT use tampons.) I highly recommend expecting mamas create their own padsicles for when they get home to help with healing so getting them some Always Maxi Pads are perfect for that. I also recommend picking up some TUCKS Medicated Cooling Pads for her as well.
- Teas: Teas can be so helpful for many things, especially a recovering new mama. I absolutely LOVE Birds & Bees Teas. Their Ripe & Ready tea is made for the last few weeks of pregnancy and the very first days after giving birth to help tone the uterus. Their Our Lady of La Leche tea is helpful to increase the quantity and quality of milk as well as support a nursing mother’s overall health. I give them two thumbs up!
- Nipple Balm: She has to protect herself from getting chapped or cracked nipples and two of my favorite nipple balms are Motherlove and Honest. These are a must!
- Cooling/Heating Pillows: When I discovered this product, I was singing hallelujah for all postpartum mamas! Pariday offers TendHer pillows which are soothing gel pads that could be warmed or cooled to help with healing and soothing aches and pains. They have pillows for the breasts or for the perineum.
- Breast Pads: Disposable breast pads are convenient, but can sometimes be uncomfortable and itchy. A company that I highly recommend is Bamboobies. They have soft, organic washable and reusable nursing pads.
- Bottom Spray: Earth Mama Angel Baby’s New Mama Bottom Spray is definitely a must-have in every mama recovery bag. It provides healing and relief without the mama having to do anything but spray on the area needed.
- C-Section Balm: With the US cesarean rate being 32.7% (almost one in three people), you want to make sure that you include something incase she has a c-section. Earth Mama Angel Baby’s C-Mama Healing Salve is a great all-natural product that helps with proper cell regeneration and wound repair. It can also be used for other surgical wounds, old c-section scars, stretch marks, inflamed rashes, and burns.
Phew! There you go! My 5 ULTIMATE Baby Shower Gift Guides so that you can give the best gifts at any and every baby shower. I hope this helped. I’d love to hear your thoughts and feedback. Please share in the comments below! Have a great holiday weekend!