Baby showers are a monumental moment for moms-to-be. It celebrates the impending birth of their baby, and it signifies that their life will change for the better. It can also offer new parents comfort in knowing that they’re surrounded by a strong support system that will be there as they take on this new role.
While friends and family members’ presence at baby showers can help alleviate worries about parenthood, a card’s warm wishes can go a long way. Messages that are heartfelt, encouraging, and even comical can help moms feel the love they need for this new transition. If you’re stumped on what to write in a baby shower card, we’re here to help you craft a charming note that’ll shower the new momma with all the feels.
What to Write in a Baby Shower Card
To whom are you addressing the card?
It’s important to be considerate of the diverse dynamics in households today. We recommend addressing the card with the names of those listed in the invitation, whether it’s a shower just for soon-to-be-mom or a co-ed celebration. If you prefer to stay on the safe side, you can also address the baby shower card to the new baby.
What should you say?
Knowing what to write in a baby shower card can be daunting. But baby shower cards don’t have to be long and drawn out. Your message can be short and sweet and still show how much you care about mom and baby.
Which words to use instead of “baby”?
If you want to add some extra pizzazz and show you added an extra touch of personalization, swap out the tried-and-true “baby” for some of its adorable counterparts.
Some thought starters are a bundle of joy, bun in the oven, babe, darling, honey, sweetheart, sweetie, cutie pie, nugget, little one, little blessing, love bug, precious angel, prince/princess, miracle, a ray of sunshine, munchkin, or mini-me.
Which words to use in place of “motherhood”?
While there’s nothing wrong with using “motherhood,” you may want to switch things up and make your message sound even sweeter. A few go-to’s are a new adventure, a new journey, mommyhood, or parenthood.
Traditional Baby Shower Card Messages
- Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!
- Congrats are in order for the upcoming arrival of your little one.
- Hooray for your new journey! It’s going to be a beautiful ride.
- Wishing you all the best as you take on this new journey of motherhood/parenthood.
- Wishing you a lifetime of happiness with your mini-me.
- May you have a safe and easy delivery and a speedy recovery.
- Welcome to the world, cutie pie! You’re already so loved.
- I cannot wait to meet your little one!
Heartwarming Baby Shower Card Messages
- Congratulations on becoming a mommy! Savor all of the sweet snuggles, forehead kisses, and a lifetime of hugs.
- Babies are precious angels that’ll do anything to see mommy smile. Enjoy those beautiful moments that come with motherhood!
- The smallest things can fill your heart with so much love. Congrats!
- Take in every moment, take every picture, and take the time to appreciate these precious days with baby.
- If anyone can do it, it’s you! You’re going to do amazingly as a mom.
- Remember: when the days feel long and the cries seem endless, you can do this.
- Your baby is so blessed to have you as his/her mother.
Funny Baby Shower Card Messages
- Say hello to your new alarm clock and goodbye to a good night’s rest.
- Cheers to becoming a parent! You won’t be able to enjoy a snack or use the bathroom in peace for the rest of your life.
- I hope you enjoy your shower–it might be the last one you take for some time!
- Sleep as much as you can now! You’ll be grateful when your little one arrives!
- Dear Baby, what are your thoughts on letting mom get some sleep every now and then?
- Roses are red. Violets are blue. You’re going to change hundreds of diapers. Veteran parents know this to be true.
- I hope you like your gift, but who am I kidding–I can’t compete with the ones your baby will leave you every day.
- Breastfeeding 101: When in doubt, whip it out.
Messages that Revolve Around the Baby Shower Gift
- Bottoms up! I hope your baby enjoys the bottles just as much as the milk.
- So happy to share this moment with you and shower you with all the love–and clothes!
- Hoping this gift will help you gear up for your little miracle.
- I couldn’t stop squealing at how cute the gift was. I hope you (and baby) love it, too!
- While I went off the registry, I hope this gift is a life-saver for you as it was once for me.
Baby Shower Wishes for Girls
- May your little girl be fierce, strong, and unstoppable, just like her momma.
- Congratulations on your little boss babe in the making!
- Your baby girl will be filled with sugar, spice, and everything nice. I cannot wait to meet her.
- Hear ye, hear ye, a princess will soon make her arrival!
- Yay! It will be all about bows, dresses, and tutus from here on out.
- Sorry, momma. Your baby girl is about to steal daddy’s/mommy’s heart.
- This gift may be one of many. I can’t stop myself from shopping for all the adorable outfits!
Baby Shower Wishes for Boys
- Oh, boy! You’re in for a treat.
- Let the adventure begin! Congrats on your little guy.
- Looking forward to meeting your little fella.
- The love from a son brings light even on the darkest days. Congratulations on your baby boy!
- May your little dude fill your home with warmth, happiness, laughs, and love.
- A prince is on the way to fill our hearts and lives with so much joy. Looking forward to meeting him soon.
- Here’s to a lifetime of adventures with your little man by your side.
Baby Shower Wishes for Second Baby
- Best wishes to your growing family.
- May your home be filled with double the giggles, double the joy, double the fun, and double the love.
- Your little family is about to get bigger, better, and, of course, cuter!
- Congrats to the family on another little miracle. This time around, you’ll be baby experts.
- The love and joy are only to grow from here. Soak up all the beautiful moments to come.
- I can’t wait to see [insert name] become such an amazing big brother/sister. Congrats!
Baby Shower Quotes
- “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” —A.A. Milne
- “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my mother.” —Abraham Lincoln
- “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart till the day you die.” —Mary Mason
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things—wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” —Eda J. Le Shan
- “There is nothing like a newborn baby to renew your spirit and to buttress your resolve to make the world a better place.”—Virginia Kelly
- “Ten little fingers, ten perfect toes, fill our hearts with love that overflows.” —Unknown
We hope this little guide on what to write in a baby shower card helps get your creative juices flowing! Whether you decide to add some humor, take the encouraging approach, or keep it simple, your well wishes to the new mom and baby are what matter most. Don’t overthink your message–let it come from the heart!