Once you’ve seen those two pink lines, a parent can’t help to fast forward nine months to the good stuff. They want to snuggle that sweet baby and care for and nurture them for the rest of their lives. But to make that dream come true, parents need stuff. They need a lot of things. And figuring all of that out can be pretty overwhelming. There are gizmos and gadgets, and every one of your friends has that must-have baby item you know you can’t live without. So where do you go to find all of this stuff? Here is our review of the buybuy BABY registry. We really think they’re going to be your new best friend. Their registry will save the day.
buybuy BABY’s gift registry gets you started with the basics, letting you know what the must-haves for all new parents are based on customer purchases and feedback. You can get started easily. No guesswork is involved when you begin your registry; everything from bottles to binkies is at your fingertips. A baby registry is excellent not only for the parents, but it is a very nice perk for a baby shower guest or gift giver. Have you ever stood in a store overwhelmed by hundreds of things and wondered what you should buy? Baby registries take the guesswork out of gift giving. Your family and friends will know exactly what you would like to have for your bundle of joy; they know it will be the perfect gift every time. It is also a fantastic tool for moms and dads to stay organized. You’ll know what you have and what you still need to grab before the big day.
What are the Perks?
Who doesn’t like free goodies? buybuy BABY has you covered. When you create a buybuy BABY registry in-store, you will receive a swag bag loaded with essential baby samples perfect for you to try out. Here is what was included in this spring’s bag ($137 value):
- Dr. Brown’s Anti-Colic bottle ($8.99 value)
- Pampers diaper changing pad
- Pampers Swaddlers diaper sample
- Pampers Sensitive Wipes (6-pk)
- Pampers coupon booklet
- buybuy BABY on Board Sign from Safety 1st ($4.99 value)
- Frida Mom disposable postpartum underwear sample
- Seventh Generation Free & Clear diapers ($2.99)
- Philips Avent Natural bottle ($9.99 value)
- Pipette Fragrance-Free baby wipes 50-ct ($3.49 value)
- Palmer’s Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks sample
- Mommy’s Bliss Gripe Water sample
- Dreft Newborn laundry detergent sample
- FREE $80 Hello Fresh gift card
Group Gifting Available
Have you heard of group gifting? buybuy BABY has you covered. Any $100 or more product will automatically be eligible for the group gifting option, an online-only perk. Your friends and family can decide what they would like to contribute to your registry, and that amount is converted into credits for you in the “My Funds” section of your registry. You can then use those credits on anything $100 or more. This is an excellent way for your gift givers to give you a chance to get what you want, and they don’t actually have to do the shopping. It is all up to you.
Sure, there will be items left on your registry. buybuy BABY wants you to get everything you need and want for your baby; they will send a completion coupon for 15% off of any remaining registry items within six weeks of your due date. Those coupons are good for up to three months after your expected due date.
How Does It Work?
Honestly, it is so, so simple. You can build your buybuy BABY registry in the privacy of your own home while you eat ice cream in bed, or you can visit one of their stores and have a professional walk you through the whole thing. It is totally up to you. As soon as you register, you have the option to enroll in rewards for an annual fee of $29. You’ll earn perks like points for every purchase, free shipping for your first seven days, birthday rewards, and exclusive member perks.
Registering in Store
First, let’s talk about the store experience. If you are a hands-on person and there is a store nearby, we highly recommend going in person. That way, you can take things for a spin. They have many items on display that parents can check out before deciding to put them on their registry. You may love the stroller until you see no cup holder, and it is a done deal. Or, maybe the color of that blanket in person isn’t quite the same. It is nice to have the option to go in-store.
Check out their website, and you can make an appointment for various in-store services like consultations for strollers, car seats, and nursery design. If you are just overwhelmed by the whole process, you can make an appointment to have a registry expert take you through the store. It is definitely an excellent option to have help when your brain is on baby overload.
Let’s say you don’t live near a store or would rather do things yourself; the online registry is the way to go. The buybuy BABY app is available in both the Apple and Android app stores. Once you download, you can choose from thousands of items at the touch of your fingertip and place them right on your registry. Do this any time of day or night. But let’s say you still want more info about that car seat system before you make your selection. No problem! Virtual appointments are also available so that you can get the same consultation services available in-store in the comfort of your home.
The nice thing about the app, which is for all registrants, is that it updates in real-time. If someone purchases a gift, it comes off of your registry to help avoid duplicates.
Reviewing the Pros of buybuy BABY Registry
First, here are the pros.
- You can choose whether you want to shop in the store or at home. There is no pressure, do what is best for you.
- There are thousands of items online, so you have a vast selection, even more than what you will find in the store. Having their app allows you access to all of these products.
- Registry experts are available to help, and you schedule appointments based on what is best for you. Again, this is online or in-store. Convenience is essential with the buybuy BABY registry.
- A nice thing for guests is that they can sort by things like status, price, and category to help them choose the best gift.
- When items are purchased directly from your registry, they are automatically saved in the system, so you don’t need to worry about receipts for returns or exchanges. Plus, buybuy BABY keeps track of your gift giver’s info so you can quickly thank them for their generosity.
- One of the best perks for parents is a 15% registry completion discount once the baby is born. This is good for anything on your registry, even items that aren’t typically eligible for a discount.
Reviewing the Cons of buybuy BABY Registry
Now, for the cons.
- Not everyone is close to a buybuy BABY location, so it is not always easy to see the products yourself.
- The completion coupons are only good for three months from the expected arrival date of your baby. You must be careful that you get there in time if your baby comes unexpectedly.
- Goodie bags are only available in-store, which is a bummer if you aren’t close to a retail location.
What are Some Registry Favorites?
buybuy BABY makes it simple to see their most popular registry items; click on ‘registry favorites.’ There you will find strollers, cart covers, monitors, and even hangers. These are the items that parents feel are the must-haves when it comes to taking care of a baby. It is lovely to have the hot registry products at your fingertips. While in this section, check out their feeding tools and toy selection. There are also great clothing essentials like onesies and sweet baby sleepers. And, of course, you can check out the big daddies—car seats, and strollers. Their prices range from budget-friendly to big bucks. There are items available for all families.
Every parent wants a stroller and car seat that is functional, comfortable, and safe for their baby. Right now on buybuyBABY.com, the hottest strollers on parents’ registries are:
- UPPAbaby Vista V2 stroller
- Evenflo Pivot Modular Travel System
- Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 All-Terrain Stroller
If you are looking for solutions for feeding your baby, the buybuy BABY registry has you covered. Right now, here are some of the top feeding registry items:
- Starting Solids Feeding Essentials Collection
- Pacifier Sampler Collection
- Chick Pick: The Baby Brezza Safe + Smart Bottle Warmer
And if you’re looking for the best gear, buybuyBABY registrants are all about:
- DockATot Deluxe+ Dock
- Graco Pack ‘n Play On the Go Playard
- Ingenuity Cozy Spot Reversible Activity Gym
- SKIP*HOP Silver Lining Cloud Activity Center and Exerciser
buybuyBABY has everything parents and babies need to stay active and healthy.
What Do Parents Say?
Parents love the ease of the online system and the availability of so many products. One registrant told Baby Chick that she loves that the buybuy BABY registry offers so many coupons; she can always get a good deal when shopping. If you check out their social media channels, there appear to be some bumps in the road regarding shipping, but the buybuy BABY team is always quick to respond and work through those issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
We hope this review of the buybuy BABY registry helped you narrow down your list! It is safe to say that the buybuy BABY registry is a breeze for parents-to-be to use online and with the app. That makes it available to virtually everyone, even if you don’t have a store nearby. Working with a registry expert, both in person or virtually, helps ease parents’ minds that they are getting exactly what they need and want on their baby registry. And because buybuy BABY deals exclusively in baby products, you know that you are getting the best possible selection from those in tune with the baby world and what parents want. The buybuy BABY registry is a winner.
This article contains affiliate links. These opinions are our own. However, if you buy something, we may earn a small commission, which helps us keep our content free to our readers. To see more of our recommended products, check out our Chick Picks Shop here. It’s our carefully curated shop of products we love and recommend!