- Top 12 Second Trimester Checklist - April 26, 2017
- 3 Essentials for a Successful Day with Baby (With Ergobaby) - April 24, 2017
- Can You Do Delay Cord Clamping & Bank Cord Blood? - April 19, 2017
If you’re currently expecting, you may be wondering what the most popular baby names were for 2015. It’s always interesting to see where your favorite baby names are falling on the most popular list. Well, BabyCenter recently came out with the top baby names for 2015 and they are:
This, apparently, is Jackson’s third year to be number one for baby boys’ names and Sophie, Emma and Olivia and have been in the top three for girl names for the past four years. Wow! If you want to look at the top 100 names of each for the year, check it on their site here.
When it comes time to picking out a name for your baby, some people prefer naming their children new and original names while others like traditional or family names. I personally like all of the above, but I wouldn’t want to have a name too high on the list. That’s just me though. I was curious to hear what our Blogger Chicks thought about this since three of them are currently expecting. They have shared with me names that they like and think will be big in 2016.
Sarah said, “My 2016 baby name predictions are all resurgence of now ‘vintage-esque’ names. We’re bringing classic names back in shortened versions that don’t need nicknames. Simple, strong and confident names for the little ladies and gents of 2016.”
Since I go to quite a few births and help many new parents, I’m constantly hearing new baby names and have a good idea of which ones will be popular this upcoming year. I have come up with a list that I think will be the hottest and most popular baby names in 2016.
With so many options, it’s tough selecting the one name that’s right for your baby. If you’re looking for some extra help, Tiny Prints has created a great and easy baby name generator which highlights popular, biblical, celebrity and hipster names to get you inspired by simply adding your last name. You can see it here for some ideas and inspiration! You just may find the perfect name for your baby. 😉
Do you like popular names or do you prefer to have your child’s name not even close to a hot list? What are some names that you love and think will be a big hit in 2016? Share with me in the comments below. I want to know!
- 10 Surprising Thoughts Women Think During Labor
- 15 Ways to Engage with Your Baby
- How to Keep Your Pregnancy a Secret in the First Trimester
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Marriage Strong After Baby
- Is My Baby on Track?
- What’s In My Purse: Toddler Mom Edition
- Questions to Ask During a Maternity Hospital Tour
- GirlMom Extraordinaire…A Look Into Life With Girls
- 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Becoming a Stay-at-Home Mom
- The ULTIMATE Hospital Bag Checklist