Chick Picks | Diaper Bags
There are so many things that you have to get and register for when preparing for baby. A crib, a mattress, swaddles, a stroller, diapers, wipes; the list goes on and on. Though it can be a lot of fun getting things ready for baby, it’s also a lot of research. It can take many hours to figure out what is the best product for your budget, lifestyle, and personal style. This is why I have decided to come up with lists of my favorite products in different categories to help do the research for you! I’m calling them my “Chick Picks.”
This month I wanted to pick something that was just for mom. This time in your life is all about baby and it should be! But I feel that mama deserves a little something too. 😉 I mean, you are carrying and giving birth to this little miracle. Though there aren’t very many things that are super exciting to buy for mom at this point (like nipple cream and a good nursing bra–needed, but not the most exciting), a cute diaper bag is definitely a fun one! 🙂 The problem is there are SO. MANY. OPTIONS! There are messenger bags, shoulder bags, backpacks, and more. You have to look for (1) an insulated bottle holder, (2) how many pockets it has, (3) if it contains a portable changing mat, (4) if it has lining for spills, (5) is there a zipper for valuables, and of course (6) an overall style that fits your aesthetic! Finding the perfect diaper bag can be tough, but I’ve done all the research for you and have found my absolute favorites–my Chick Picks! Here are my Chick Picks for the best diaper bags on the market.
1. Skip Hop Duo in Grey French Stripe | $70
I’m a sucker for stripes (as you will soon notice) and this Skip Hop Duo Diaper Bag in Grey French Stripe is a casual classic for the mod mom. This over-the-shoulder tote converts into a stroller bag and has 11 different pockets. Moms need #allthepockets for stashing your and baby’s necessities. I have several friends who have this as their diaper bag and love it! It also gets great reviews on several websites.
- Exterior made of cotton twill.
- Polyester lining with moisture-resistant coating.
- Features an interior bottle pocket and two exterior side pockets.
- Cushioned, fold-out changing pad.
- Strong magnetic closures throughout the bag.
- Exterior easily wipes clean.
- Adjustable strap includes a soft, removable shoulder pad.
- Main compartment features a zip closure and nine small pockets for easy storage.
- Patented shuttle clips allow you to quickly remove the shoulder strap for a cleaner look.
- Rolled handles allow for easy gripping.
- Bag is BPA- and phthalate-free.
2. Petunia Pickle Bottom’s Downtown Tote | $149
Petunia Pickle Bottom’s Downtown Tote is a subtle yet chic(k) choice for a new mom. This bag can travel from the city to the shore, and from baby to beyond! Moms love that it has a zip-top closure to keep all of your items inside, and that it has water-resistant lining and vegan honey-colored leather handles and trim. Not only that, but this bag also includes an attached changing pad, six pockets (and one small zippered pocket), and beautiful fabric. Love!
- Zip-top closure opens to large main space.
- Interior features six open pockets around the sides and one small zippered pocket.
- Exterior zippered back pocket.
- Water-resistant lining, polished metal hardware and protective feet.
- Honey-colored vegan leather shoulder straps and trim.
- Includes changing pad and PPB-monogrammed wipes case.
- Attaches easily to most strollers with Valet Stroller Clips (sold separately).
- Coordinates with the prints and patterns of PPB’s Original Collection Details.
- Exterior features misted grey and eggshell wallpaper-inspired design.
3. Skip Hop ‘Chelsea’ Diaper Satchel | $100
This has been a favorite on the market for a few years now. And it’s obvious why! It’s fashionable, yet has a practical interior organization, and it has a budget-friendly price tag. All of this make it an overall winner. This black bag features all of the great pockets and sleek style many mamas are looking for.
- Top zip closure.
- Exterior slip, zip, and magnetic-snap pockets; cushioned changing mat.
- Clip-on stroller strap.
- Interior slip pockets.
- Hand wash cold, dry flat.
4. Skip Hop ‘Chelsea’ Diaper Bag Backpack | $100
For the mom that wants the sleek style of the Chelsea bag, but the easy comfort of a backpack, this bag has you covered. Just like the Chelsea Diaper Satchel, this backpack has great and easy compartments to reach for all the things that you need for you and baby. It’s also stunning. Totally downtown chic. You’re sure to receive several compliments with this diaper bag.
- Drawstring closure with magnetic flap.
- Top carry handle; adjustable shoulder straps.
- Exterior zip and bottle pockets.
- Clip-on stroller straps.
- Includes cushioned changing pad.
- Polyester with faux-leather trim.
5. Marc Jacobs ‘Biker’ Nylon Baby Bag | $295
I’m a big fan of Marc Jacobs. And this bag is a true classic. It’s the type of bag that can easily transition into toddlerhood or even to the days when no true diaper bag is needed. Dads are also not opposed to carrying this bag when they are out with baby.
- Top zip closure.
- Top carry handles; optional, adjustable shoulder strap.
- Exterior zip and slip pockets.
- Interior zip and wall pockets; removable changing pad.
6. Kate Spade Stripe Stevie Baby Bag | $398
You can’t go wrong with Kate Spade . . . or black and white stripes. The Kate Spade Stripe Stevie Baby Bag is a gorgeous diaper bag option with beautiful red lining on the inside plus a matching changing pad. I love all things Kate Spade and this bag is a stunner.
- Durable, woven nylon with crosshatched leather trim.
- Wipeable, durable nylon lining.
- 14-karat gold plated hardware.
- Baby bag with zip top closure and stroller straps.
- Double slide pockets, zipper pocket, changing pad slide pocket, and exterior bottle pockets.
7. “The Ultimate” Diaper Bag | $159
Pottery Barn calls this bag “The Ultimate” Diaper Bag. And I can see why. It can be worn over the shoulder and converted into a backpack and has tons of cool features. This bag is simple, practical, durable, and stylish. Perfect for comfort and cuteness!
- Made of yarn-dyed polyester.
- Features a hidden magnetic closure, metal zipper, tri-glide buckle, dog clop, D-Ring, and four bottom feet.
- Also includes a nylon web adjustable shoulder strap.
- Diaper bag converts to backpack.
- 5 total pockets: 2 side, 1 front, and 1 back.
- All hardware features a gold finish.
8. Hip Cub Diaper Bag | $70 (ON SALE FOR $45!!)
This bag is where fashion meets practicality! Some of us don’t want a HUGE bag to tote everything baby around in. This bag is perfect since the size is just right and it still has 7 pockets for you to store all the essentials. And with that price tag, who wouldn’t want it?!
- Includes matching changing pad & stroller straps.
- 7 pockets including 1 main compartment with secure zipper closure, 2 side pockets, perfect for bottles and feeding items, 2 external pockets great for wet things and 2 internal compartments.
- Offers a 90-day satisfaction 100% money back guarantee!
9. PaperClip | $299
This bag is the hottest new thing! They may be marketing it as the perfect dad diaper bag, but I love the style and functionality of their bags so much that I would totally wear it. It converts from a backpack to a messenger back, and the changing station folds out in seconds giving you a safe, sanitary space for you to change your child almost anywhere. And if you are the traveling family, the luggage pass-through lets you slide your Paperclip diaper bag onto the handle of your carry-on. Boom!
- Converts from a backpack to messenger bag.
- Fold out changing station can tear out and can go straight into the washing machine.
- “Toolbox” compartment for baby necessities.
- External bottle pocket, 1 internal zip compartment (perfect for tablet) and 1 external zip pocket.
- Removable wetbag.
- Luggage pass-through lets you slide your bag onto the handle of your carry-on.
- Padded laptop pocket.
- Easy-to-access zipper on the top flap lets you grab a bottle or binkie for crisis situations.
10. Kate Spade Tanden | $378 (ON SALE FOR $162.99!)
This bag is ideal for babyhood and beyond! No one will know that this high-end designer bag contains diapers and wipes. Accented with 14-karat gold-plated hardware that’s flashy in all the right ways, its sleek black nylon construction features a wipeable polyester lining to ensure its usability for years to come.
It also contains an inner zippered pocket that is ideal for holding wet clothes and an easy-to-access diaper pouch along the back wall that will be your lifesaver in more than one situation.
- Black nylon zip top baby bag with black vinyl trim and polished gold tone hardware.
- Water resistant polyester lined interior with zippered pocket.
- Two open slip pockets and diaper pouch.
- Zippered top closure with open slip pockets on either end.
- Dual handles with an 8″ drop, and a removable and adjustable shoulder strap.
11. Honest Diaper Backpack | $150
Now this pack pack is just cool and it’s eco-friendly. Both super functional and stylishly chic(k), this structured backpack in supple faux leather is swoon-worthy! The wipe-clean lining makes clean-ups a cinch and a variety of pockets inside hold everything from bottles to pacis, helping to keep you organized. Perfect to use even after baby.
- Zip-around closure; exterior back-zip entry for easy interior access.
- Top carry handle; adjustable, padded backpack straps.
- Exterior zip pockets.
- Interior zip, wall and elastic-top bottle pockets; insulated pocket for snacks or bottles; padded electronics sleeve.
- Foam-cushioned changing pad included.
- Features a zippered pocket for wipes and other diapering essentials.
- Includes cotton storage bag for easy carrying and safekeeping.
- Wipeable PVC-free lining ensures spills can be cleaned up easily.
- BPA-free, PVC-free.
12. Fawn Bag | $160
Style and class meet space and functionality with this bag. This diaper bag is easy to clean and opens wide so you can see all of your everyday essentials. I love that it can transition from backpack to messenger bag without any thought. Also, the material is super soft and comfortable to wear. Two thumbs up in my book!
- Gold zippers and hardware.
- Inside can be pulled out for easy cleaning.
- Outside and inside are fully wipeable faux leather.
- Total of 9 pockets; 4 outside, 5 inside.
- Straps are made from a durable webbing.
- Can be used as a backpack or messenger bag.
- New and improved backpack straps for added comfort and strength.
13. Highline Diaper Tote from SkipHop | $169
This bag is smart, sophisticated, and has spacious expandable side gussets that make it easy to stash all of baby’s essentials. I remember seeing this bag for the first time at the ABC Kids Expo in 2016 and I absolutely LOVED it! It has all of the must-haves and looks gorgeous on your arm.
- Top zip closure.
- Top carry handles.
- Exterior slip and bottle pockets.
- Removable shoulder clips.
- Cushioned changing pad.
- Expandable side gussets.
- Protective metal feet.
- Polyester with leather trim.
14. COACH Turnlock Baby Bag | $495
I’m totally into navy right now and this baby bag checks all of the boxes for me. Crafted in the lightest of leathers, this stylish Coach Turnlock Tote is packed with hidden functionality for all of baby’s needs on the go. This bag includes assorted open and zippered compartments, bottle pockets, a pull-out changing pad, waterproof linings on every surface, and dogleash clips that attach the bag to the back of a stroller.
- Crossgrain leather.
- Inside zip and open pockets.
- Zip closure, fabric lining.
- Handles with 9″ drop.
- Removable changing pad.
15. Kate Spade Classic Nylon Brynne Baby Bag | $348
Can you tell that I’m obsessed with Kate Spade yet? How can you not?! Her simple, classic, and feminine flirty look is EVERYTHING. This sophisticated bag would never be thought of as a diaper bag. But it is! The Brynne Baby bag is an over the shoulder bag whose durable exterior conceals a wipeable lining and mom-friendly pockets.
- Durable woven nylon with crosshatched leather trim.
- 14-karat light gold plated hardware.
- Custom woven bookstripe print on poly twill lining.
- Over the diaper shoulder bag with drop zip top closure.
- 4 interior slide pockets; interior zipper pocket; 2 bottle pockets.
- Custom wipeable changing pad and stroller straps.
- Light gold Kate Spade New York signature with spade stud.
16. StorkSak Lucinda Diaper Bag | $310 (ON SALE FOR $299.95!)
Go from the boardroom to a playdate without skipping a beat with this sleek leather tote that offers all the diaper-bag essentials in a modern, dual-compartment design. This bag is perfect for the modern mom looking for a clean, sleek, and chic look for a diaper bag.
- Top zip closure.
- Optional, adjustable shoulder strap with integrated stroller clips.
- Exterior, insulated side zip pocket.
- Interior zip, wall and cell-phone pockets; stroller clips; detachable key ring.
- Removable changing pad.
17. Tory Burch Messenger Baby Bag | $550 (ON SALE FOR $385!)
This has everything you would want in a diaper bag! Great organization, good size without the bulk or signs of a clunky diaper bag. It has a ton of pockets (including insulated pockets) which are perfect for any mom. And who doesn’t love Tory??
- Magnetic snap closure.
- Leather handles with 9.45″ (24 cm) drop.
- Webbing stroller straps.
- 2 thermal lined bottle pockets at gusset.
- 2 interior bottle pockets, 2 open pockets, 2 zipper pockets.
- Exterior slit pockets at back.
- Removable changing pad.
18. HATCH The (Anti) Diaper Bag | $298
We’ve got it in the bag. This black tote is easy to clean and comes with a matching changing mat and three clutches stitched “THIS,” THAT,” and “THE OTHER” for you to take out for a spin separately (a night out?) or slot into the bag for effortless organization. How cute, right?!
- Fitted with a gold zipper closure.
- Relaxed black leather straps.
- A zippered interior pocket, a bucket pocket for your phone, and some for baby’s bottles.
- A flat base to stand upright.
- Black nylon with hot pink stitched accents.
- Carry cross-body, too, with a removable black leather shoulder strap with gold lobster hardware.
There you have it! My Chick Picks for Diaper Bags. Let me know which ones are your favorites!