The holidays are always such a special time of year — especially with little ones. Everything is so beautiful and so magical. But it’s entirely too easy to get caught up in the hustle and the bustle of the season; before you know it, Christmas has come and gone. So this year I am creating a list of 25 Christmas activities for the whole family to help us slow down and just enjoy the season. Much like an advent calendar, we will select one activity for every day in December (leading up to Christmas itself). Some of the activities are just silly and fun, while others are more meaningful. We would love to have you join us!
25 Days of Christmas Activities
1. Pack a Shoebox for Operation Christmas Child (and Samaritan’s Purse).
2. Host a “Polar Express Night” Party.
3. Bake and decorate a big batch of Christmas cookies. Deliver to friends, family, and neighbors.
4. Decorate the Christmas Tree!
5. Surprise your kiddos with a “Snowman Breakfast.”
6. Have a Holiday Movie Marathon (complete with popcorn and hot chocolate).
7. Take a drive after dinner to look at Christmas lights. Have everyone wear Christmas jammies, and pack snacks for the drive. Make sure to listen to Christmas music!
8. Read the Christmas Story.
9. Attend Candlelight Service on Christmas Eve.
10. Organize a Secret Santa Gift Exchange within the family. But all the gifts have to be handmade!
11. Attend your local Zoo Lights celebration.
12. Write a letter to Santa.
13. Donate gently used toys to a local charity. Let your kiddos select the toys.
14. Spend an afternoon creating holiday crafts and homemade gifts.
15. Read 25 Christmas books in 25 days.
16. Invite friends over for a Christmas Sing A Long.
17. See the Nutcracker.
18. Go Ice Skating.
19. Visit Santa.
20. Go for a winter nature walk.
21. Make and decorate Gingerbread houses.
22. Bake a birthday cake for Jesus (and cookies for Santa)!
23. Christmas Family Game Night (Minute to Win it Style)!
24. Face Time Grandparents to sing “Jingle Bells.”
25. Eat a red and green dinner.
What special Christmas activities do you participate in during the holidays? What are some of your family’s special traditions?