As a mom, you know how important it is to entertain your kids. It’s even better if you can provide learning opportunities in the process. So, we’ve put together this list of riddles for kids to help get those little brains ticking. These silly and brain-teasing puzzles will provide them with hours of entertainment and foster creativity and critical thinking skills. Let the riddle-solving begin! Can you guess the answers?
79 Riddles for Kids
11 Food Riddles for Kids
1. What is the easiest way to make a banana split?
Cut it in half
2. What makes a tortilla chip dance?
When you play the salsa
3. What did the mommy tomato say to the baby tomato?
You better ketchup
4. What kind of room has no doors or windows?
5. What two things can you never eat for breakfast?
Lunch and dinner
6. What can’t you use until it’s broken?
7. What has eyes but cannot see?
8. Where can you learn how to make the best ice cream?
9. When does a farmer dance?
When the beet drops
10. What do they serve at birthday parties in heaven?
Angel food cake
11. What’s a tree’s favorite drink?
9 Animal Riddles for Kids
1. What kind of music do rabbits like?
2. Why can’t a leopard hide?
Because he is always spotted
3. What day do chickens fear the most?
4. Why are fish so smart?
They are always in schools
5. What fish cost the most?
6. Why shouldn’t you play games in the jungle?
There are too many cheetahs
7. What did the duck put in its soup?
8. Why did the rooster run away?
He was chicken
9. What happens when a frog’s car breaks down?
It gets toad away
9 Weather Riddles for Kids
1. What’s a tornado’s favorite game?
2. What goes up when the rain comes down?
3. What can clap without any hands?
4. How do hurricanes see?
With one eye
5. What kind of bow can’t be tied?
6. What grows when you feed it but dies if you give it water?
7. What did the ground say to the earthquake?
“You crack me up!”
8. What falls but is never injured?
9. What can run but not walk?
9 Math Riddles for Kids
1. What did the rude triangle say to the circle?
2. What is a math teacher’s favorite dessert?
3. What is bigger when it’s upside down?
The number 6
4. What did one math book say to the other?
Man, I’ve got a lot of problems
5. Why was six afraid of seven?
Because seven ate nine
6. Why can’t you have a nose that is 12 inches long?
Because then it would be a foot
7. What month of the year has 28 days?
All of them
8. Are monsters good at math?
Not unless you Count Dracula
9. What are 10 things you can always count on?
7 School Riddles for Kids
1. What can fill a room but takes up no space?
2. Which planet is like a circus?
Saturn, because it has three rings
3. What gets sharper the more you use it?
4. What word is spelled wrong in every dictionary?
5. What building has the most stories?
6. Where does Friday come before Thursday?
In the dictionary
7. Why couldn’t the pirate learn how to read?
He kept getting lost at C
34 Funny Riddles for Kids
1. What gets wetter the more it dries?
2. Where would you take a sick boat?
To a dock
3. What stays in the corner but travels all over the world?
4. What is something you will never see again?
5. What doesn’t ask questions but is still answered?
6. What can you catch but not throw?
7. I have hands but cannot clap. What am I?
8. What question can you never answer “yes” to?
“Are you asleep yet?”
9. How do billboards communicate?
10. Why are there no secrets in the bank?
There are too many tellers
11. What kind of street does a ghost like best?
A dead end
12. Why are ghosts such bad liars?
Because you can see right through them
13. What can run but can’t walk?
14. What has no life but can die?
15. What starts with T, ends with T, and is full of T?
16. What is always running but never gets tired?
17. What do you call someone with no body and no nose?
18. Why did the doctor lose his job?
He didn’t have enough patience
19. How can you take a bath without water?
20. I am always coming but never arrive. What am I?
21. What belongs to you but is used more by other people?
22. What has teeth but cannot bite?
23. What’s taken before you get it?
24. What spends all its time on the floor but doesn’t get dirty?
25. What word begins and ends with E but only has one letter?
26. What is tall when it’s young but short when it’s old?
27. What is black and white and read all over?
28. What has many keys but can’t open any doors?
29. What can’t talk but can reply?
30. What do you call witches who live together?
31. What has a head and a tail but no body?
32. What kind of cup doesn’t hold water?
33. What has 13 hearts but no other organs?
A deck of cards
34. What can you break even if you never touch it?
We got a good chuckle from these! We hope you and your child enjoy solving these riddles for kids together as much as we did!