Thanksgiving Treats Recipe: (Mostly) Homemade Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, y’all! Do you have your Thanksgiving Dinner menu finalized? After much Internet scouring (here’s looking at you Pinterest), I am wrapping up my own, and I couldn’t help but share this decadent Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie recipe with all of you. Because nothing says Thanksgiving in the South like bourbon and pie. Can I get an amen?
This pie looks (and better yet tastes) impressive, but is actually quite simple to make. My favorite part about this recipe is that we’re going to use a store-bought nine-inch, unbaked pie shell. That’s right ladies, why go to the trouble of making our own, when we can pick up a perfectly fine, ready-made crust from the grocery store? This is Thanksgiving — we’re going to be cooking all day. So why not save some time and energy where we can? Am I right? Let’s get started.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Then proudly line your store-bought shell with halved pecans. (You’ll need approximately two cups total for this recipe.)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together three large eggs and three tablespoons of melted butter.
- Next, add a half a cup of corn syrup, a cup of sugar, three tablespoons of good-quality bourbon, and three ounces of chopped, semi-sweet chocolate.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined, and then pour the mixture into the pie shell (over the pecans).
- Add another layer of pecans to the top of the pie mixture, and place the pie on a heavy-duty baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes; then reduce the heat to 350 degrees, allowing the pie to bake for an additional 25 minutes (or until set).
- Serve warm with ice cream!
Try this recipe for Bourbon Ice Cream with Salted Caramel Sauce for extra credit!
Happy eating and happier Thanksgiving, Mommy Chicks!
Recipe adapted from www.foodnetwork.com.