Thanksgiving is just around the corner, y’all! Do you have your Thanksgiving Dinner menu finalized? After much internet scouring (here’s looking at you Pinterest), I am wrapping up my own, and I couldn’t help but share this decadent Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie recipe with all of you. Because nothing says Thanksgiving in the South like bourbon and pie. Can I get an amen?
This pie looks (and better yet tastes) impressive, but is actually quite simple to make. My favorite part about this recipe is that we’re going to use a store-bought nine-inch, unbaked pie shell. That’s right ladies, why go to the trouble of making our own, when we can pick up a perfectly fine, ready-made crust from the grocery store? This is Thanksgiving — we’re going to be cooking all day. So why not save some time and energy where we can? Am I right? Let’s get started.
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- 1 nine-inch, unbaked pie shell
- 2 cups pecan halves, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line your store-bought shell with a cup of pecan halves.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs and melted butter.
- Next, add the corn syrup, sugar, bourbon, and chocolate to the bowl.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined, and then pour the mixture into the pie shell (over the pecans).
- Add the rest of the pecans to the top of the pie mixture, and place the pie on a heavy-duty baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes; then reduce the heat to 350 degrees, allowing the pie to bake for an additional 25 minutes (or until set).
- Serve warm with ice cream!
Happy eating and happier Thanksgiving, Mommy Chicks!
Recipe adapted from www.foodnetwork.com