Thanksgiving Treats Recipe: (Mostly) Homemade Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Recipe adapted from www.foodnetwork.com.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, y’all! Do you have your Thanksgiving Dinner menu finalized? After much Internet scouring (here’s looking at you Pinterest), I am wrapping up my own, and I couldn’t help but share this decadent Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie recipe with all of you. Because nothing says Thanksgiving in the South like bourbon and pie. Can I get an amen?
This pie looks (and better yet tastes) impressive, but is actually quite simple to make. My favorite part about this recipe is that we’re going to use a store-bought nine-inch, unbaked pie shell. That’s right ladies, why go to the trouble of making our own, when we can pick up a perfectly fine, ready-made crust from the grocery store? This is Thanksgiving — we’re going to be cooking all day. So why not save some time and energy where we can? Am I right? Let’s get started.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Then proudly line your store-bought shell with halved pecans. (You’ll need approximately two cups total for this recipe.)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together three large eggs and three tablespoons of melted butter.
- Next, add a half a cup of corn syrup, a cup of sugar, three tablespoons of good-quality bourbon, and three ounces of chopped, semi-sweet chocolate.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined, and then pour the mixture into the pie shell (over the pecans).
- Add another layer of pecans to the top of the pie mixture, and place the pie on a heavy-duty baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes; then reduce the heat to 350 degrees, allowing the pie to bake for an additional 25 minutes (or until set).
- Serve warm with ice cream!
Try this recipe for Bourbon Ice Cream with Salted Caramel Sauce for extra credit!
Happy eating and happier Thanksgiving, Mommy Chicks!