We are ready for the fall season to come, but while the temperatures outside are still high, we are making some yummy sweet treats in the kitchen with the kids to cool down. Something that I love to do with my son is to bake in the kitchen. He really enjoys measuring out ingredients, helping pour the ingredients in a bowl, and mixing everything together. I wanted to make ice cream sandwiches with him, but I wanted to make a guilt-free, healthier recipe. So that’s what we did using Kabrita’s gentle goat milk foods!
Who is Kabrita?
Kabrita USA delivers nourishment and comfort to children and their parents through their line of gentle Goat Milk-based foods. They are 100% women run and led by Moms and empower families with a new choice in formula feeding — one that marries the ideal of all-natural with the rigor and safety of science. That’s why they’ve created a line of nutrient-dense first foods with the gentle goodness and nutrition of goat milk.
Why Goat Milk?
There are several important differences between cow milk and goat milk.
- Eat-to-Digest: Compared to cow milk, goat milk protein forms a smaller, softer, and looser curd in the tummy, which leads to quick and easier digestion.
- Good Fats: The fats in goat milk are also naturally easy to digest. They are smaller than cow milk fats and rich in beneficial short and medium-chain fatty acids.
- Healthy Prebiotics: Compared to cow milk, goat milk contains more gut-supportive prebiotic oligosaccharides.
- Naturally Nutritious: Goat milk is rich in critical nutrients. Compared to cow milk, it has shown superior mineral bioavailability.
Goat milk has always been a bit of a trade secret and Kabrita has harnessed the gentle benefits of goat milk into their line of Goat Milk Foods, designed for babies and toddlers. This is why I thought it would be a great idea to make our ice cream sandwiches with Kabrita’s gentle goat milk foods for a healthier and better recipe!
Healthier Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
This healthy vanilla ice cream contains no heavy cream or sugar, but it is still smooth, creamy, and has that sweet vanilla flavor that we all love. And you and your child would never guess that it’s made with Kabrita Goat Milk Formula! It’s a perfect base for your ice cream recipe because it’s fortified with 22 Vitamins & Minerals and Omega-3 Fatty Acids to deliver essential nutrients that little ones need. Parents love the nutritional boost it offers their little ones. In 8 ounces of Kabrita Goat Milk Formula, you’ll receive:
- Almost 50% of your toddler’s daily recommended intake of iron
- Almost 20% of your toddler’s daily recommended intake of vitamin D
- Almost 20% of your toddler’s daily recommended intake of omega-3 fatty acids
Parents also love that there is no added sugar, fewer calories, and more protein in this recipe. You won’t feel guilty at all giving this ice cream to your little ones and giving yourself a second scoop too!
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (8 oz) Kabrita Goat Milk Formula (mixed with water)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla crème stevia
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- The night before you plan on making the ice cream, place the bowl of an electric ice cream maker in the freezer. Freeze that for at least 12-16 hours.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 1 minute or until very frothy.
- Working quickly, remove the ice cream maker bowl from the freezer. Place it on the ice cream maker, attach the paddle and the lid, and turn it on. With the ice cream maker turning, pour in the mixture. Let the ice cream maker churn for 15-20 minutes or until the ice cream is frozen and has reached your desired consistency. For the best texture and taste, serve immediately.
Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
For an ice cream sandwich, you also have to have a delicious cookie! You can make any type of cookie, but my son’s favorite is chocolate chip cookies. Since we made healthier ice cream, I also wanted to make healthier chocolate chip cookies. In this recipe, we included Kabrita’s Organic Goat Milk Porridge – Apple & Cinnamon.
Unlike many other baby cereals, Kabrita’s Porridges are easy to digest and rich in naturally occurring vitamins and minerals. Kabrita Organic Goat Milk Porridges are rich in calcium, good fats, and protein with no added sugars. By simply adding water, Kabrita Porridges are a high-quality, fast, and easy breakfast option. It’s also a great addition to baking recipes – perfect for breakfasts or an anytime snack! That’s why we had to include it in our chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- ⅔ cup plus ½ cup flour
- ½ cup Kabrita Apple & Cinnamon Porridge
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp regular sugar
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 oz Kabrita Goat Milk Formula (mixed with water)
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix very well.
- Add wet, and form into a big ball.
- Make little balls from the big one.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when they’re still a little undercooked. Then let them cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tray, as they’ll continue to cook while cooling. They should have spread out, but they might not, so just press down with a spoon or fork if desired.
It takes about 20-25 minutes to make the ice cream and cookie recipe. Preheat the oven while you’re preparing the ice cream, and while it’s spinning, get started on the cookie recipe. You’ll then have a delicious treat for your family that is packed full of nutrients for your littles. It’s a win-win — kids get their refreshing summer sweets, and parents know that they are giving their children a better and healthier sweet treat using Kabrita.
Check out Kabrita Goat Milk Formula & Foods to see if they may be right for your family with their FREE trial box! Inside, you will get a sample of their goat milk-based toddler formula, a sample of their organic goat milk porridge, and a sample of their snack puffs with goat cheese — $30 value!