The holiday season is in full swing, and everybody could use a nice drink right about now. Unfortunately for pregnant mamas, most holiday-inspired beverages are a big no-no. What’s a preggo mom to do? Check out these non-alcoholic, delicious mocktail recipes by Diana Licalzi Maldonado and Kerry Jane Criss in their book Drinking for Two! Any of these mocktails are sure to get you in the holiday spirit in no time. Cheers!
Holiday Mocktail Recipes
Plant-Based Hot Chocolate
- 1½ oz dark chocolate
- ½ cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1¾ cup non-dairy milk
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- ½ vanilla bean split lengthwise or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Coconut whipped cream for garnish
Optional: add a pinch of cayenne for a Mexican hot chocolate
- Place the dark chocolate, coconut milk, non-dairy milk, desired syrup, vanilla bean, and sea salt in a saucepan, and slowly bring to a simmer as you stir. Don’t allow the liquid to come to a boil, as this will impact the chocolate and cocoa powder flavor.
- Add the cocoa powder and cinnamon to the saucepan. Whisk until the mixture is combined.
- Simmer for 3–5 minutes.
- Taste hot chocolate and add more syrup or nectar if you desire a sweeter drink.
- Pour into mugs and top with coconut whipped cream.
- 6 cups of non-dairy milk
- 1½ cups coconut milk (canned)
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 6 pitted dates, soaked
- Ground nutmeg or cinnamon for garnish
- Soak dates for 10 minutes.
- Blend the dates well, then add the rest of the ingredients and blend again.
- Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon.
- 3 cups pomegranate juice (no sugar added) or grape juice
- 3 cups coconut water
- ½ cup orange juice
- Zest of ½ orange
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 12 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Lemon and orange slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish
Optional: up to 1 tbsp honey; up to 3-star anise pods (licorice flavor)
- Simmer pomegranate and citrus juices, coconut water, honey (if using), spices, cloves, and zest for 15 minutes over low heat. Avoid boiling the mixture.
- Serve with fresh lemon slices, orange slices, and cinnamon sticks.
- 1 medium peach, skin removed (You may wish to blanch and cool the peach to make it easier to remove the skin.)
- ¼ cup coconut water
- 1 pitted date
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup seltzer
- Soak the date for about 10 minutes.
- Blend the peach with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, date, and coconut water until smooth.
- Strain the mixture (if desired).
- Pour mixture into a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously.
- Pour into champagne glasses. Top with chilled seltzer (approx. ½ cup in each cup), pouring slowly; stir gently.
This article contains affiliate links. These opinions are our own. However, if you buy something, we may earn a small commission, which helps us keep our content free to our readers. Check out our Chick Picks Shop to see more of our recommended products. It’s our carefully curated shop of products we love and recommend! ❤️