- 1 nine-inch, unbaked pie shell
- 2 cups pecan halves, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line your store-bought shell with a cup of pecan halves.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs and melted butter.
- Next, add the corn syrup, sugar, bourbon, and chocolate to the bowl.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined, and then pour the mixture into the pie shell (over the pecans).
- Add the rest of the pecans to the top of the pie mixture, and place the pie on a heavy-duty baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes; then reduce the heat to 350 degrees, allowing the pie to bake for an additional 25 minutes (or until set).
- Serve warm with ice cream!