- 16 Signs You Might Be a Millennial Mom - February 23, 2017
- The Benefits Of Barre Classes During Pregnancy - February 20, 2017
- Breast Augmentation and Baby: Here’s What You Should Know - February 1, 2017
Jessica Tomes is a wife and mommy to three precious (but rambunctious) little girls. She has a degree in broadcast journalism from Texas Christian University, and a nerd-like love for political science. She is passionate about writing, marketing, social media management, and this wonderfully beautiful mess we call parenthood. She happily lives in beautiful Houston, Texas, and also sells real estate!
When it came time to plan Emma Kate’s second birthday party — and her first here in Texas — I knew I wanted to do something big, something special. You see, Emma Kate is our “little Valentine.” She was born on February 12 (she was due in March). And soon, she will be a big sister. Emma Kate loves to sing, and “Twinkle, Twinkle” has always been one of her favorites. I got to thinking: what could be bigger than the Texas sky?
A theme was born. From there, as they often do when something is right — things just fell into place. We found the cutest invitations on Etsy, and printed them ourselves. The coordinating garland and cake topper were obvious no-brainers. We invited about 30 of our newest, and closest friends (with kids) over for a fun-filled afternoon of play, presents, and of course — delicious birthday cake. It was a hit!
Especially the cake. I was lucky enough to find a local baker in the Kingwood area, who whipped up all the party treats from scratch. The most beautiful chocolate cake, with ombre buttercream frosting (and matching cupcakes), and the prettiest, sparkliest, gold star cookies — this is the stuff of fairy tales, people. Did I mention they were also the tastiest party treats I have ever had the pleasure of shoving in my pregnant mouth? (And I will be honest. I have tasted a lot of good cake in my young, 28 years.)
Thank you, Kakes by KariAnn, for the sinfully-delicious goodies! The party would not have been the same without you! I would highly recommend!
We had so much fun celebrating our precious, shining star! I know this was a weekend Emma Kate (nor we) will forget for a long time. What a wonderful memory to make before our little family grows again! And what a special time with sweet, loving friends. Thanks for sharing in the joy, Mommy Chicks! <3
- 7 Things NOT To Do During Labor
- Babies Don’t Need Containers (And How to Avoid a Flat Head)
- 12 Postpartum Must-Haves: How to Have a Faster & Easier Recovery After Birth
- 16 Signs You Might Be a Millennial Mom
- 7 Things Your Baby Wants You to Know About What She Sees
- 14 Products You Need to Prepare for Breastfeeding
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Marriage Strong After Baby
- Is My Baby on Track?