How to Formula Feed Baby on the Go
If you are formula feeding your baby, you know the annoyance that comes with bottle-feeding your little one on-the-go. You either have to prepare the bottle beforehand and hope that your baby eats that bottle within an hour after it’s made (which is the recommended time to consume after the formula is mixed with water, unrefrigerated). Or you bring the baby bottles, the water, and the formula powder in separate compartments and mix them together while you are out and about. The latter is usually the norm, but both can be a pain. We found a better option that makes this annoying task so much simpler and easier for parents. It’s called PopYum.
Meet the PopYum Bottle: Perfect for Feeding Baby On-the-Go
Rather than having the baby bottles, the bottled water, and the formula filling up and weighing down your bag, the PopYum bottle stores formula and water separately inside the bottle. Everything is safe and separate and ready to use until hunger strikes! When they designed the PopYum bottle, their team set several goals. The bottle must:
- be made of the safest material
- be easy to use with a single hand
- have a more natural latch
- be anti-colic
- have a wide mouth design
- have only a few parts to assemble and clean
And that’s exactly what they did. I’m super impressed with this baby bottle; it’s perfect for active parents and hungry babies on-the-go.
How Do You Assemble the PopYum Bottle?
The PopYum bottle has 5 parts: the bottom, the midsection, the agitator, the nipple, and the cap. It also comes with a funnel for easy and clean loading. It assembles in just seconds and is very simple to use. Here’s how it works:
1. After washing your PopYum bottle, first squeeze the nipple and pull it through the orange midsection of the bottle. Pull the nipple through until you hear a pop and can see that the edge of the nipple is securely in place.
2. Grab the cap of the bottle and place it on the top of the nipple and midsection, covering the nipple. Stand the cap on your counter or table so that the nipple points down. Then take the funnel and place that on top of the midsection.
3. Begin scooping in the amount of formula needed for your baby’s feeding according to the formula manufacturer’s recommendations.
4. Once you’re finished filling it with formula, remove the funnel and grab the agitator. Snuggly place the agitator inside the midsection and nipple. The agitator makes sure that none of the formula will come in contact with the water until you are ready.
5. Finally, take the bottom of the bottle and fill it with the amount of water needed for the feeding. Then screw the midsection to the bottom of the bottle. Voila! Your bottle is safely ready to go! (The PopYum bottle is available in 5 oz bottles or 9 oz bottles.)
How Does the PopYum Bottle Work?
Now that your PopYum bottle is prepared and ready to go, you may be wondering how you use it to feed your baby. That’s actually the easiest part! Once your baby is ready to eat, all you have to do it press in the two buttons on the side of the midsection of the bottle. That releases the agitator and allows the formula to drop into the water. Just shake to mix the formula and the water together and now you have a newly prepared bottle ready for your baby.
Buy Now! Use code 10BabyChick for 10% off
8 Reasons Why I Love the PopYum Bottle
- It’s not only great for outings, but it’s also great for easy feedings at home.
- I don’t have to pack so much in my bag when we do go out of the house.
- The PopYum bottle is made of high quality materials.
- It’s BPA free and is made of premium German medical-grade silicone and Samsung polypropylene. These materials have met or exceeded FDA, European, and Canadian material safety regulations.
- I can easily mix the formula with one hand, and am immediately ready to feed my baby.
- It’s the only bottle designed for single handed use, so your other arm is free to hold baby.
- PopYum is great for caretakers and for daycares.
- Sometimes caretakers aren’t sure how much water or scoops of formula they should use per feeding. This allows you to safely prepare everything in advance.
- It’s easy to clean.
- It has only 5-parts (standard for most bottles), and because it has a wide design, it’s much easier to clean.
- All the parts are top rack dishwasher safe.
- It’s an anti-colic bottle.
- PopYum has an advanced anti-colic vent which returns air into the bottle, not your baby’s tummy.
If you’re looking for an easier way to formula feed your baby, this is definitely the bottle for you. You no longer have to make a mess while trying to make and mix a bottle while out with baby. All you need is this bottle and with a push of two buttons, your baby is ready to eat!
The best news? PopYum is available on Amazon and they’re offering 10% off for Baby Chick readers with code 10BabyChick. Happy popping!