Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Moms On-the-Go
Studies show that people who eat the wrong food for breakfast or skip breakfast all together, have problems with hunger, energy, metabolism, concentration and are more likely to gain or have trouble losing weight.
If you want to start your day off on the right foot, it’s important to fuel yourself with a healthy breakfast that contains a balance of nutrients to keep both your brain and your body functioning best.
A healthy breakfast should always include a good source of protein.
The problem is that many of our favorite breakfast foods are often very HIGH in carbs and very low in protein. Think: traditional pancakes, waffles, donuts, cereal and and more.
Having a processed cereal or something low in protein and high in carbs is the worst thing you can eat at the start of the day. These traditional breakfast choices will send you on a blood sugar roller coaster causing energy drops and increased cravings.
Protein should be the #1 priority at breakfast because it helps stabilize blood sugar, increases satiety and keeps you feeling fuller for longer.
In order to build muscles, repair damaged tissues and perform optimally, your body needs a steady supply of protein. And because protein is digested more slowly than carbohydrates, it gives you a steady supply of energy and helps to balance hunger, energy, and cravings all morning long.
If you want a protein packed breakfast that also happens to be delicious, here are some easy and healthy breakfast ideas:
Protein Waffle Recipe
- 1 scoop Snickerdoodle Protein Powder
- 1 egg
- water till batter consistency
- 1 tsp baking powder
- cinnamon & stevia to taste
Cook on a HOT waffle iron & enjoy!
French Toast Eggs:
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- And, 1 tsp stevia
- cooking spray
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Then pour into a pan and scramble.
- Optional… you can top with sugar free syrup
Bacon Egg Cups:
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Line muffin cups with bacon. (optional)
- Add whipped eggs (or egg whites), spinach, and a crumble of feta.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and ENJOY!
Strawberry Protein Oats:
- ½ cup steel cut oatmeal
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- Cook oatmeal and almond milk on the stove.
- Stir in protein powder.
- Top with fresh strawberries and ENJOY!
Chocolate Protein Crepe:
- ½ cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp natural peanut or almond butter
- cooking spray
- Spray the pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Whisk 1/2 cup of egg whites with a tablespoon of chocolate protein powder.
- Cook eggs like a crepe (pancake) making sure you cook over medium low heat.
- When cooked, add a tablespoon of peanut or almond butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and roll it up like a crepe.