Easy Snack Recipes with Yogurt for Toddlers
Every now and then I like to make my toddler a special snack. I don’t like to make anything that requires too many steps as a busy mom on the go, so I like for his snacks to be easy and delicious. These are my great make-ahead protein packed snacks that are perfect for our little ones. I included Stonyfield Yobaby yogurt in all of these snack recipes because they are our go-to yogurt for our littles. They contain probiotics, are a great first food for babies 6 months & older, and they are #1 pediatrician recommended! Hope you enjoy these yogurt snack recipes as much as my little guy does. 🙂
Pumpkin Spice Whipped Yogurt
- 1 Stonyfield YoBaby Plain yogurt cup
- 1/4 cup heavy whipped cream
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- (optional whipped cream)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl except the canned pumpkin.
- Mix together with a hand mixer (using whisks). Begin mixing on low until the liquid cream begins to mix into the yogurt. Slowly increase power to the highest speed. After about 2 minutes of whisking, reduce speed and shut off the mixer.
- Next, use a spatula to give the yogurt a quick mix. (Make sure the very bottom is mixed in.)
- Now add the canned pumpkin to the mixing bowl and fold it in with a spatula until mixed.
- Finally, scoop the mixture into a bowl and top with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Frozen Banana Yogurt Cups
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 Stonyfield banana yogurt cup
- Handful of dried banana chips
- Lay out 12 cupcake cases or silicone muffin cups on a small baking sheet to tray. (The tray needs to be able to fit in your freezer.)
- Peel the banana and mash it up with a fork until the lumps are gone.
- Mix the yogurt and banana mixture together in a bowl. Then add that mixture into each of the cake cases.
- Top each with a banana chip and place the tray with the cups into your freezer. Leave for a couple of hours until set solid.
Yogurt-Covered Whole Grain Cereal Clusters
- 2 cups whole grain cereal
- 1 Stonyfield vanilla yogurt cup
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Place muffin tins on a baking sheet and scoop the mixture into each of the muffin tins.
- Place the baking sheet with muffin tins in the freezer until they are solid. Then eat and enjoy!