Now that my daughter is two-and-a-half years old, I am approaching when I need to potty train her. From my years of experience working with families, I know that each child is different, and potty training your child might look a bit different from how I potty train mine, and that’s okay! Potty training can be a challenging process for some children and smooth for others. I was lucky enough to have an easy experience with my son, but I am preparing for anything with my daughter. That’s why I’m chatting with my guest today, Arin Schultz. He has four boys and knows a thing or two about potty training. In this episode, we share our potty training experiences with our kids, potty training tips, what to keep in mind, and how we got started.
If you want a good laugh and some relatable information on potty training, this episode is for you!
Who is Arin Schultz?
Arin is the VP of Sales and Marketing at Naturepedic and has over nine years of experience in the organic mattress industry. Since 2003, Naturepedic has been on a mission to transform the lives of its customers through safer, healthier sleep and top-of-the-line baby and children’s products. By eliminating materials like flame retardants and polyurethane foam from their line of certified organic natural mattresses, Naturepedic supports an organic, holistic lifestyle while protecting the environment.
What Did We Discuss?
In this episode, we chat with Arin all about potty training! Here are several of the questions that we covered:
- What were your potty training experiences like with your four boys?
- Which potty training readiness signs did your kids exhibit?
- When do you believe a parent should start the potty training process?
- With your experience, what do you think is the best way to get started with potty training?
- We know that children vary developmentally and in temperament. Do you think the potty training process varies based on each child?
- What are some products that can help with potty training?
- What about nighttime potty training? Where does this fit into the training process, and how can parents integrate it into their routine?
- What are your top potty training tips & tricks?
- What is one piece of advice you would like to give parents about to embark on potty training their child?
We talked about several products during this episode. You can learn more about them here:
- Waterproof Mattress Pad
- Organic Cotton Waterproof Pillow Protector (Kids Collection)
- Organic Kids Waterproof Mattress
- Website: Naturepedic.com
- Instagram: @naturepedic
- Facebook: @naturepedic
- YouTube: @naturepedic
- Listen to our other episodes with Naturepedic:
- How to Create an Eco-Friendly Sustainable Nursery
- Naturepedic Crib Mattress is Trailblazing Healthy and Safe Sleep
This episode is brought to you by our friends at Naturepedic. They are offering all of our listeners a discount!