Another new school year is about to start, which means everyone is getting back into the swing of things. Being organized once school begins means less chaos for parents and students alike! I am a mother and a teacher, so I truly understand the importance of making sure everything runs smoothly throughout the week. Planning and organizing before the week begins will set the tone in a positive way!
It takes a little extra work on the weekend that you will be glad is done once the week rolls around. I have found through experience that going the extra mile to make sure everyone is organized and on the same page truly makes all the difference. By implementing a few simple habits and practices, you will have the most organized school year ever!
How to Stay Organized for the School Year
Everyone is typically hungry when they come home. Make sure you have snacks easily accessible! Have a basket of them in the car if the trip home is lengthy to avoid stopping to pick up snacks. At home, I like to organize my snacks inside my pantry door using an over-the-door shoe caddy! I stick the snacks in the pockets so everyone can easily see what is available. This keeps it all organized and helps keep the pantry neat.
Things To Do The Night Before
1. Check the calendar for any events the next day. Be sure to speak with babysitters, partners, grandparents, etc., to ensure everyone is on the same page about drop-offs and pick-ups.
2. If there are any sports practices/games or dance lessons, be sure the bags are packed and ready for those. Even put them in the car!
3. Check folders for important notes and make sure everything is signed. Pack backpack and place by the door or in the car.
4. Check the weather. Find out if you will need a jacket, rain boots, or umbrella.
5. Have the entire family pick out their outfit down to the underwear, socks, and shoes, keeping the weather in mind.
6. Decide what breakfast will be to reduce wasted time in the morning.
7. Make sure you have enough gas in your car. It always sounds like a good idea to stop by the gas station in the morning, but I promise you it never is! Just go ahead and get it done.
8. Go to bed at a reasonable time to ensure a good night’s rest for all. Set your alarm for plenty of time in the morning to get out the door!
Hopefully, these must-haves and tips will come in handy in helping you prepare for the best school year yet!
This article contains affiliate links. These opinions are our own. However, if you buy something, we may earn a small commission, which helps us keep our content free to our readers. Check out our Chick Picks Shop to see more of our recommended products. It’s our carefully curated shop of products we love and recommend! ❤️