We’ve all heard stories about birth. Maybe you’ve heard your own birth story from your parents. And if you are pregnant or have children of your own, you have definitely heard several birth stories, even from strangers! Some of those stories are good, and some are not so good. Unfortunately, it seems like the not-so-great and even scary birth stories are the ones that are told the most. As a doula who helps families have better birth experiences, this breaks my heart. What we hear can form a belief about how birth is and what it can be. Imagine if you only heard stories about birth being beautiful, empowering, even pleasurable, and orgasmic. What an impact that would make! My guest today knows all about this and is chatting with us about orgasmic birth and what expecting families need to know.
Who is Debra Pascali-Bonaro?
Debra Pascali-Bonaro is a world-renowned inspirational speaker, podcaster, filmmaker, doula trainer, childbirth educator, and author. She brings together her passion for pleasure in every aspect of life with her Jersey-Girl attitude of talking about what no one is talking about!
Debra is a mother, grandmother, and featured expert in parenting journals and media worldwide. She is also Co-Chair of the International Childbirth Initiative, which promotes safe, respectful childbirth maternity care. She is a Lamaze International childbirth educator, birth and postpartum doula trainer with DONA International, Director of the award-winning documentary Orgasmic Birth: The Best-Kept Secret, co-writer of “Orgasmic Birth: Your Guide to a Safe, Satisfying and Pleasurable Birth,” Author of “The Ultimate Guide To Sex After Baby: Secrets to Love and Intimacy,” and the Founder & President of the revolutionary online childbirth class Pleasurable Birth Essentials which prepares expectant mothers, fathers, and partners to be positively prepared for birth and focuses on the intimate and sacred nature of birth. It’s evident that Debra is highly passionate about changing childbirth so that every woman/partner has a safe, respectful, and pleasurable birth.
What Did We Discuss?
In this episode, we chat with Debra about orgasmic birth and tips and secrets to create more love and intimacy in birth and parenting. Here are several of the questions that we covered:
- How did you become passionate about the birthing experience?
- Childbirth and sex can both be taboo subjects. Why do you think this is, and how can we change this narrative?
- Can you elaborate more on the connection between childbirth and sex?
- What is orgasmic birth? And is it real?
- Why should pregnant people include intimacy and sexuality in preparing for birth?
- What can women do during pregnancy to help prepare for a positive birth experience?
- What role does a partner play in this experience?
- How can a doula help facilitate a pleasurable birth experience?
- What are your top tips for ensuring an enjoyable and pleasurable birth?
- What are the benefits of an orgasmic birth?
- The narrative around birth is often that it is painful and scary, but I have heard you say it is powerful and can be pleasurable. How can we empower more women to approach birth with this mindset?
- How do you recommend women continue to connect to their intimacy during the postpartum period?
- Website: OrgasmicBirth.com
- Instagram: @orgasmicbirth
- Facebook: Orgasmic Birth
- YouTube: Orgasmic Birth
- TikTok: @orgasmicbirth
- Podcast: Orgasmic Birth Podcast
- Documentary: Orgasmic Birth
If you haven’t already, please subscribe to Chick Chat: The Baby Chick podcast wherever you listen to podcasts and leave us an honest review. Cheers to a positive and pleasurable birth!