Being pregnant with my second baby has definitely been a different experience than my first. With my first pregnancy, I was working, but I had more time to take care of myself and to prepare for our little bundle of joy. Now as a busy working mom with a second one on the way, trying to take the time to care for myself and our growing baby as well as our family and home has been a bit more challenging. The pandemic hasn’t made it any easier. I’ve had to work smarter and find products that would help me along the way. I was happy to discover that one of my favorite lactation brands, Boobie*, now offers products for pregnancy, postpartum, and beyond. They are more than a lactation company! Here are the Boobie* superfoods that I’ve been enjoying during my pregnancy and what I plan on continuing after the baby arrives.
But first, who is Boobie*?
Boobie* is a company that makes superfoods for supermoms in every stage of motherhood. That includes those who are pregnant, lactating and raising a family. Boobie* offers a variety of convenient, on-the-go solutions made just for moms including bars, gummies, shakes, granola, and drink mixes. Their functional superfoods offer healthy and convenient solutions for moms for the following common issues:
- nausea or hyperemesis for pregnant moms
- postnatal hair loss for postpartum moms
- low milk supply for lactating moms
- pre/post-workout supplement for all moms
- low energy for all moms
- dehydration for all moms
- a weakened immune system for all moms
And I really love that all of Boobie*’s products are vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, fenugreek-free, and Kosher. That means there is something for everyone!
My priorities right now are keeping my family and myself healthy and having a healthy pregnancy and baby. As a mother, I’m always making sure that my son has something good to eat, but I’ve found myself in motherhood rushing, being busy, and forgetting that I too need to eat something nutritious. I’m then scrummaging through my pantry for something quick and easy to eat that is usually less than ideal or healthy for me and my baby. And then I begin to feel the guilt.
I got to try out Boobie Body, which is a superfood meal replacement shake for pregnant, lactating, and moms in all stages of motherhood. While a healthy diet full of protein, fruits, and vegetables is what is recommend, I have found their Boobie Body shakes are a tasty substitute and super convenient when I am in a rush and I need something to nourish myself. It’s a product that I will continue to purchase and enjoy after I give birth to our little girl. Here’s why:
- It provides 18-19 grams of plant-based protein. Protein is essential during pregnancy and the American Pregnancy Association recommends expecting women to consume 75 to 100 grams of protein per day. This shake helps you reach that number.
- Helpful to expecting moms experiencing nausea or hyperemesis. Solid foods can make you feel sick to your stomach and can be too overwhelming. Boobie Body is a good way to nourish your body when you are eating for two. This liquid nutrition helps.
- A great solution for busy moms. If you’re a busy mom with other little ones in the house, it can be difficult to have the time to prepare yourself healthier options to eat. When you are in a pinch and rushing out the door, their Boobie Body shakes come in handy. (I’ve been enjoying this as I rush my toddler to school or after a good workout.)
- It contains milk-boosting superfoods! Boobie*’s organic Boobie blend herbal complex has 534mg of milk-boosting superfoods: moringa, maca root, shatavari, and cinnamon. Mamas have reported seeing a boost in their supply!
- It also has Pre- and Probiotics for a healthy gut. Did you know that 70% of your immune system is housed in your gut? It’s true! Each serving of Boobie Body has a custom 11-strain blend of probiotics to help support a healthy gut. Mamas gotta stay healthy!
- Has 0 grams of sugar and is a Keto-friendly protein shake! With 0 grams of sugar and 1 gram of net carbs, Boobie Body is the perfect Keto-friendly, plant-based protein shake.
- Helps you feel fuller longer. Rather than snacking all day, which I have found myself doing more during my pregnancy, I like finding food options that will help me stay full. With their proprietary organic protein and fiber blend, it helps reduce my cravings for more food which in turn also helps me with weight management.
Anyone who has been pregnant knows that growing a human being is hard work. I feel good knowing that Boobie Body shakes are USDA certified organic, gluten-free, keto-friendly, vegan, dairy-free, that they contain 18-19 grams of protein, 1 net carb, and 0 sugars. That means I’m giving myself and my baby a healthy superfood option. Their Boobie Body flavors are Vanilla Cookie, Chocolate Bliss, Vanilla Chai, and Coffee Caramel.
Shake It Up!
When I need to rush out the door with my toddler in tow, their Boobie Body Sample Packs and their Shaker Bottle have really come in handy! They’re the perfect size to throw in my bag and I love the beautiful design of their bottle.
If you’re like me during pregnancy, you like to snack or graze all day. As I mentioned, the Boobie Body shakes have been helping me keep my snacking to a minimum, but sometimes at the end of the day, I want to have a guilt-free snack that will satisfy my sweet tooth craving. Their Boobie Bark has helped!
Boobie Bark is a crunchy, superfood granola snack that’s perfect for healthy at home or on-the-go snacking for moms. It’s vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free!
- A much better option than junk food snacking. The Boobie Bark has been a tasty superfood snack that has kept me feeling fuller longer. It’s made of pea protein, oats, flaxseed, moringa, cinnamon, and tumeric.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth! When I’ve needed a chocolatey treat, I’ve been able to curb my cravings with the Boobie Bark. It also has a nice crunch to it and is a good late-night snack.
- Healthier than lactation cookies. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good lactation cookie. I love them so much that I found myself eating too many of them after I gave birth to my son. This time, I am glad that I’ll have a healthier option. The Boobie Bark is a great alternative to lactation cookies with less sugar, 5g of plant-based protein, and packed with superfoods.
- It contains milk-boosting superfoods! The Boobie Bark is made of oats, flaxseed, moringa, cinnamon, and tumeric which make it a milk-boosting powerhouse.
- Guilt-free snacking. Sometimes I just need to throw something in my purse that I can graze on throughout the day as I run my errands that I won’t feel guilty about eating later. The Boobie Bark has been a great option that gives me that chocolatey crunch without the guilt.
- It’s a versatile snack option! I’ve enjoyed Boobie Bark right out of the bag, but I also like that I can use it as a yogurt topping, or crumble some over my morning cereal or overnight oats. Yum!
The Boobie Bars have been a product of theirs that I have loved for quite some time. I have recommended them to many of my clients as a tasty snack and to support a healthy milk supply. They are definitely going to be a daily snack of mine after our baby girl is born.
Boobie* superfood breastfeeding bars were created by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant and contain 6 organic, milk-boosting superfoods. They are perfectly made with lactating moms in mind. So, whether you are breastfeeding or pumping, these delicious bars are a must!
The bars come in three different flavors: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Blueberry Muffin, and Peanut Butter. I’ve eaten them all (many times) and love the softness of each sweet bite. Normally with lactation boosting ingredients, I can taste the herbs, which I don’t find that tasty, but these bars are so yummy! I can’t taste the herbs at all. I also like to be able to offer to my doula clients something else other than a lactation supplement pill or a lactation tea or brew. With just one bar a day, women can enjoy a tasty treat and a healthy milk supply.
Their Boobie Bars are made with their proprietary Boobie blend of organic superfoods like organic moringa leaf, organic cinnamon, organic shatavari, organic tumeric, organic flaxseed, organic whole grain oats. These ingredients can help keep your milk flowing. The bars are also vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, fenugreek-free, and Kosher.Buy Here
Another product of theirs that I plan to start taking after I give birth is their Boobie Bears. I’ve tried them before I was pregnant and they have a great taste and consistency. These superfood gummies combat the three biggest issues for moms: low milk supply, postnatal hair loss, and a weakened immune system.
- Supports a healthy milk supply. Their Boobie Bears are packed with superfoods to promote a healthy milk supply. It contains moringa, tumeric, and cinnamon, which are proven milk-boosting galactagogues.
- Helps postnatal hair growth. After having a baby, it’s common to experience postnatal hair loss. These Boobie Bears contain 500mcg of Biotin, which is a superfood that helps support hair growth.
- Supports a healthy immune system. Moms don’t get sick days, so it’s important to take good care of ourselves and keep ourselves healthy. These Boobie Bears have Zinc and Elderberry to help protect our immune system as we tackle everyday mom life.
For the best results, it’s recommended to take three gummies per day. They are vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and Kosher.Buy Here
It’s been great having Boobie* as a healthy go-to during my pregnancy. I’m thrilled to know that I can continue to enjoy them after our baby is born and experience even more benefits with their products.