Our bodies go through so much during pregnancy and postpartum. Our hormones fluctuate like no other time in our lives, which can all take a significant toll on mothers. Actress and entrepreneur Ashley Greene Khoury knows this firsthand as a new mother to her daughter, Kingsley. Even before becoming a mother, Ashley became highly passionate about being a reproductive health advocate after her pursuit of a pharmaceutical-free lifestyle (including hormonal birth control). Through her experiences, they have led her to start her own company that helps others with their hormonal health.
Who is Ashley Greene Khoury?
Ashley Greene Khoury rapidly rose to fame following her portrayal of Alice Cullen in the ‘Twilight’ movie franchise and immediately solidified herself as a champion for women from all walks of life. For over a decade, she has aligned with charities and movements that support and empower women (like Donate My Dress, No More, A21), cementing herself as a trusted advocate for wellness, femininity, and gender equality.
More recently, Ashley co-founded Hummingway, a brand with the goal of transforming how all women (and anyone with a period) view their reproductive health. Hummingway is laser-focused on providing its customers with a suite of innovative, non-toxic, effective products designed to support your hormonal health.
Ashley launched Hummingway with her sister-in-law, Olivia Khoury, in 2021. The duo is on a mission to have a positive impact and offer alternative choices for menstruators everywhere who are frustrated with the industry’s lack of comprehensive solutions. Through Hummingway, Ashley is eager to leverage her work ethic, network, and platform for this powerful cause with a commitment to excellence and building trust. We are here for it and excited to learn more!
What Did We Discuss?
In this episode, we chat with Ashley Greene Khoury about all things motherhood, career, and how women can navigate their bodies and hormonal health postpartum! Here are several of the questions that we covered:
- From acting to now being a reproductive health advocate — what got you interested in this field?
- Did you feel supported during your postpartum experience? How do you think we can better support mothers during this time?
- What led you to choose to have a home birth?
- There isn’t a lot of talk about “hormonal health” in general, including new moms. Can you elaborate on this topic and why it is so important?
- What are some of your go-to mantras as a new mom?
- How have you been able to find your tribe in motherhood?
- What are your favorite products for you and your baby?
- What mom hack do you think every mom should know?
- If you could give moms one piece of advice, what would it be?
- What can our listeners expect to see from you in the near future? On-screen and off!
If you are expecting, a new mama, or someone who wants to know more about and take charge of their hormonal health, check out Hummingway and use promo code MOMS30 at checkout.