Mocktail & Cocktail Recipe: Blue Kiss Margarita
Happy Cinco de Mayo! We are ready to kick off the weekend with a bang. This Blue Kiss Margarita recipe is the perfect drink to enjoy Cinco de Mayo. (And if you’re preggo like me, I’ll be sipping on the mocktail version–find that recipe at the bottom of the post.)
We named this margarita the “Blue Kiss Margarita” because of it’s beautiful blue/violet color. A bartender once told me that in Mexico, when you find a really good tequila that is smooth and that doesn’t burn your mouth, you kiss the tequila bottle. Well, this margarita is one smooth mama. That’s why had to name it Blue Kiss. We hope you’ll join us in our fiesta with this cocktail! Here’s how to make it.
Blue Kiss Margarita
- 1.5 oz tequila silver
- 0.5 oz cointreau
- 0.5 creme de violette
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lime
Step 1: Grab your glass and fill it with ice.
Step 2: Measure out a half an ounce of lime juice and add it to your shaker.
Step 3: Then add a half an ounce of cointreau.
Step 4: Next add the 1.5 ounces of silver tequila to your shaker.
Step 5: Now it’s time to add half an ounce of creme de violette. This makes it that beautiful blue/violet color.
Step 6: Shake that baby up and then pour it inside of your iced glass.
It comes out looking like this. Gorgeous! That’s not your average margarita. 😉
Step 7: Now you’re going to peel a strip off of a lemon and a lime and rub the rind on the rim of the glass.
Step 8: Finally, garnish with a few blueberries and the lemon and lime rinds.
Voila! It’s such a beautiful drink. And oh so smooth! One of the ladies tried it and called it a romantic margarita. We love that it’s something different for you to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with. Just add some chips and queso. Salud! 😉
If you are needing something sans the alcohol, here is a great version of a frozen virgin Blue Kiss.
Virgin Blue Kiss Margarita | Mocktail Recipe
- 1 6-ounce can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 equal size wedges
- 10 blueberries
- 4 cups ice cubes
How to Prepare
- Moisten the rim of the serving glasses with a little bit of lime juice.
- Put the salt on a large plate and press the edge of your glass in the salt. Gently twist to coat the entire rim of the glass with salt.
- Place the limeade concentrate, orange juice, blueberries and ice cubes in your blender.
- Blend those ingredients at high speed until it is completely mixed and smooth.
- Pour it into your glass and be careful not to hit the salt on the rim.
- Garnish the drinks with lemon and lime rinds and blueberries. It’s ready to enjoy!