Oh, summertime. From the beach to the pool to the Fourth of July — it’s fairly easy to see why it’s one of our favorite seasons. It’s the time of year that you get to create amazing family memories together, and we are all about making memories. We’re sharing our guide to summer to help make this time of year extra special with the family. Here are a few ways to keep cool in the heat and make this the sweetest summer ever!
Ultimate Guide to Summer: Our Bucket List
1. Put on your swimsuits and spend an afternoon running through the sprinklers.
2. Host a Backyard BBQ.
3. Make lemonade: one batch for the kiddies and one for the adults! 😉
4. Ride a ferris wheel.
5. Go on a road trip.
6. Camp under the stars.
7. Roast marshmallows.
8. Go berry picking.
9. Attend a local sporting event.
10. Have an all-day Netflix movie marathon. Jammies and popcorn are a must!
11. Have a water balloon fight.
12. Visit a farmer’s market.
13. Plant a garden.
14. Have an impromptu sleepover!
15. Pack a picnic.
16. Tour your city.
17. Beat the heat: spend the day at the museum or the aquarium.
18. Visit a winery or brewery. Leave the kiddos home with the grandparents! 😉
19. Host a neighborhood Fajitas + Margaritas Night.
20. Make homemade popsicles. Yum!
21. Jump into the ocean.
22. Collect seashells at the beach.
23. Blow bubbles.
24. Eat a watermelon.
25. Fly a kite!
26. Meet friends at the zoo.
27. Treat the littles to a “Night Swim.”
28. Play in the rain.
29. Watch Fourth of July Fireworks.
30. Watch for fireflies.
31. Make a wish on a dandelion.
32. Have a backyard picnic.
34. Host a Family Game Night.
35. Sign up for swim lessons.
36. Watch a sunset.
37. Take the kiddos Back to School shopping. Make it a special event!
Did we miss anything? What activities would you add to our guide to summer? What’s on top of your family’s Summer Bucket List?