With so many Halloween treats being made purely of sugar, it’s always nice to have a recipe on hand that combines the perfect amount of salty and sweet. These pretzel rods do just that. They require only three ingredients and allow for a lot of creativity.
- 12 oz. package of thick pretzel rods
- 10 oz. bags of melting wafers/candy melts of your color of choice
- toppings of your choice: sprinkles, candy eyes, black icing, almond slices, etc.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt your candy wafers in 30-second increments in the microwave, stopping to stir as needed. We recommend using tall, microwavable mugs for easier dipping or medium-seized bowls for melting the wafers. Do this until all wafers are melted and smooth.
- Dip pretzels in melted wafers one at a time, covering as much or as little of the pretzel as you’d like. Leaving about ⅓ of the pretzel uncovered is great for no-mess handling.
- Top the melt-covered portion of pretzels with sprinkles and candy eyes. You can do this by rolling the pretzels in a sprinkle-filled plate or by tossing/shaking/placing sprinkles on the pretzels. Get creative here! You can add an almond slice to make it look like a fingernail, or use some black icing to create a Frankenstein. If you’re making these with your kiddos, encourage them to decorate their Halloween treats however they see fit.
- Lay your completed pretzels on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Let them sit for 10-15 minutes to set before enjoying.
- Store in a cool, dry place (or your refrigerator) for up to a week, or freeze for later.
While sprinkles are all you need to take regular, melt-covered pretzels up a notch for the holiday, you can also experiment with fun toppings such as candy corn, Halloween-colored M&Ms, and other candies of choice.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Halloween Pretzel Rods