Super Bowl Sunday in America is one of the most fun and well-loved sporting events of the season. I remember getting together with friends and family as a child and watching all the men yell at the TV while the women sipped cocktails in the kitchen. And everyone indulged in all the amazing Super Bowl Sunday snacks. The whole event, for me, was just as much fun as Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner with the family. I looked forward to it every year!
Now that I have a family of my own I want to make Super Bowl Sunday just as fun for them. But, I really don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen, especially after the madness of all that holiday cooking. So, I’ve come up with some easy, but delicious, Super Bowl Sunday snacks the whole family with love! You can do just one or two of these, or the whole lot of them if you’re feeling ambitious! Enjoy!
Super Bowl Snacks for the Whole Family
Baked Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 2 lbs wing portions
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ – 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- parsley, finely chopped
- Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine salt, garlic, both peppers, lemon juice and olive oil. Whisk ingredients together.
- Add wings and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over wings, tossing again to coat them completely.
- Add parmesan cheese. Cover all of the wings completely.
- Place wings on a parchment paper lined baking sheet that has been sprayed generously with non-stick cooking spray (DON’T use aluminum foil!).
- Bake wings in oven for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Finally, broil wings on a high for 4-6 minutes.
- Sprinkle wings with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve wings with ranch.
Recipe adapted from Evolving Table.
Mini Chicken & Waffles Bites
- 16 frozen breaded chicken bites
- 32 mini-waffles
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Bake chicken and waffles according to directions.
- When hot, assemble a chicken bite in between two mini-waffles and secure with a toothpick.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the bites.
Pulled Pork Nachos
- 1 (8-10 oz) bag of tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded BBQ pulled pork (try this recipe!)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 4 Tablespoons BBQ sauce
- cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spread chips on a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Add the shredded BBQ pulled pork generously over chips.
- Add the diced onions.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the chips.
- Finally, drizzle BBQ sauce over the nachos.
- Pop it in the oven for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Family Fresh Meals.
Sweet-n-Salty Snack Mix
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 1½ cups caramel popcorn
- 1½ cups mini cheese crackers
- 1½ cups honey roasted mixed nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup M&M’s candies
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Baker Mama.
Chocolate Football Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg, yogurt, milk, vanilla, and vegetable oil in another bowl until smooth.
- Pour into chocolate mixture and stir until batter is just blended.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using the vanilla icing bag, draw the football laces over the top of each muffin.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.