Merry Christmas 2015
Merry Christmas, Mommy Chicks! It’s Christmas day and all of your hard work, preparation and planning has come to this. Today! Your kids have woken you up to run under your Christmas tree and see what Santa has brought them. They are overjoyed with all of their presents and they just can’t wait another minute to open them up. As they rip open the wrapping paper, empty their stockings, and pull out their gifts from their gift bags, remember to soak in this moment. You may be exhausted since you were up late getting everything out and ready and the kids woke you up at an ungodly hour, but these moments are not forever.
I love this quote from Jen Hatmaker, “You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they’ll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them; study their little faces and little feet and pay attention. Relish the charms of the present. Enjoy today, mama. It will be over before you know it.” And she’s right, today will be over in a flash. So I recommend that you do a few things on this special day:
- Soak in the moment they tear open their gifts and take lots of pictures of their reactions and the joy in their eyes.
- Watch them play with their new toys. They are only young once.
- Eat some yummy Christmas treats: cookies, eggnog, candy, hot chocolate
- Watch some Christmas movies together as a family
- And let the tissue and wrapping paper pile up. Because one day, Christmases will no longer be like this. They will always be special, but the magic will not be the same.
As Andy Rooney once said, “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” I couldn’t agree more with Andy. You have a whole weekend to enjoy with the family so don’t clean up the Christmas mess too quickly. Do it later, or even tomorrow. It will be a new year before you know it.
From our families at Baby Chick to yours, we wish you and your family delight in your lives, warmth in your home, and peace in your hearts. Merry Christmas, Mommy Chicks!