Summer Sweets and Treats: Homemade Cake Batter Popsicles
Summertime calls for sweet treats of the cold variety and I have an easy, delicious recipe that the whole family can enjoy! These Cake Batter Popsicles are crazy good and ridiculously easy to make. And they’re especially delicious when you’re a million months pregnant on a hot summer day!
Homemade Cake Batter Popsicles
- 6 ounces Greek-style yogurt
- 4 tbsp sugar-free yellow cake mix
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 1.5 tbsp chocolate syrup
- rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- First, grab your Zoku Quick Pop Maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions by freezing the popsicle maker for eight plus hours prior to making these pops. Life hack tip: I like to keep my (clean) popsicle maker in my freezer — ready to go — all summer long. You never know when inspiration is going to strike (or a toddler demands an icy treat)!
- Next combine the greek yogurt, cake mix, vanilla extract and water in your favorite blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the chocolate syrup to the mixture, swirling with a spatula or a spoon to combine. Do not turn on the blender!
- Finally, grab your Zoku from the freezer and insert the popsicle sticks (one for each slot). Then pour the delicious popsicle mixture into each mold, up to the fill line. Pour the rainbow sprinkles onto the bottom of each popsicle, and press gently.
- Stick the popsicles in the freezer for seven to nine minutes. (If you don’t have a Zoku, you can always make the popsicles the traditional way — the pops will need to freeze for a minimum of four hours.) Enjoy your treat!
These popsicles are the perfect treat on a hot summer day! Or even just a hot (almost) summer day. Kiddos and grownups will love them just the same, making them perfect for play dates. What are some of your favorite summertime treats?
Adapted from mmmpopsicle.blogspot.com.