So your pediatrician has given you the green light to start solids with baby. That’s awesome! But what are the best foods to introduce to your little one?
We’ve partnered with Stonyfield Organics to take the stress out of choosing baby’s first foods, and we’re sharing 5 great first options to try.
Remember that to prepare foods for baby you can steam or bake to soften, mush, or puree, or you can cut fruits and veggies into strips that baby can grasp. Another option is to mix in yogurt with fruits or veggies, making for an easy and delicious first meal.
- healthy fats
- has a smooth texture when mashed
- Sweet Potatoes
- rich in vitamin A, C & E, beta-carotene, high in fiber, potassium, magnesium and manganese
- after cutting into long strips and baked, baby can grasp and gnaw on them — great for BLW
- high in fiber and potassium
- easy to prepare
- great texture when mashed
- helps baby poop
- can peel or leave skin on when pureeing
- full of calcium, protein, probiotics, and healthy fats
- added cultures make whole milk yogurt digestible for tiny tummies
I especially love Stonyfield YoBaby yogurts formulated with organic fruits, veggies, and milk just for baby’s digestive tract.
As a reminder, it’s recommended to give your baby only one new food at a time, waiting at least 2-3 days before introducing something else. Also after your baby tries a new food, be sure to watch out for any allergic reactions and call your pediatrician with any concerns.