- Tips for Choosing the Right Preschool - February 15, 2018
- DIY Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub - February 7, 2018
- 7 Tips for Transitioning from Nap Time to Quiet Time - January 24, 2018
I am a wife to an amazing man, and a mother to my two beautiful children. I love to photograph and write about my experiences through motherhood, and I am a DIY/decor lover. To read more from me, visit my site Sense & Serendipity.
It’s time for this month’s DIY project! This month I wanted to do something for all the mamas out there who need a bit of pampering. Sometimes we moms get so caught up in doing things for everyone else that we forget to do a little something for ourselves. Today I want to show you how to make a quick and easy Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub that will leave your skin feeling nothing short of divine!
This sugar scrub is an amazing exfoliant plus moisturizer for your winter skin. This also makes a wonderful gift (think Valentine’s Day for your mom or sister)! I made a small batch to use as a hand scrub because my hands have gotten so dry and rough this winter. But if you double the recipe and use a larger jar, this would make a great scrub to use in the shower!
DIY Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil (you can use any oil, but sweet almond is gentle and good for sensitive skin)
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 drop red food dye
- 2 drops Vitamin E oil (optional for preservation)
- glass jar with lid
1. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, oil and essential oil. If you want to add a couple of drops of Vitamin E for preservation, do that now.
2. Add the red food dye and mix well.
3. Pour mixture into a clean glass jar with a lid.
4. Keep a small ceramic spoon next to the jar for easy scooping! You’re done!
This is such a pretty little scrub, don’t you think? I promise once you use this scrub on your hands, you will wonder how you ever lived without it. The scent is so appealing and your hands will feel softer than a baby’s! Happy pampering!