Easy Breakfasts for Busy Mornings: Breakfast Cookies
I’m not going to lie, mornings are hard. Especially when you have toddlers you have to get to school, and dance, and music lessons — and whatever other extracurricular activities they’re in. Getting out the door on time is a daily struggle for many families. I try to get as much done as possible the night before — picking out clothes backpacks and lunches, stocking the diaper bag, and even preparing breakfast when I can. Which is one of the reasons I LOVE this recipe. I can whip up these easy breakfast cookies on a lazy Sunday afternoon, and then Monday morning we are ready to rock-and-roll. Plus, my kids are crazy about them — and that’s saying a lot.
Easy & Delicious Breakfast Cookies
(makes about 12 – 15 cookies)
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together all of the ingredients.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Flatten the tops slightly — the cookies won’t rise or spread when they bake.
- Bake for 15 to 16 minutes until slightly browned. Allow to cool completely, then store in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Trust me, your kiddos will think you are the coolest mom ever! Want extra credit? Serve these “strawberry milkshakes” (strawberry-banana smoothies) alongside the cookies. Yum!
Adapted from moneysavingmom.com