Growing Organically | Better & Healthier Cooking Made Easy
All of my close friends know that I am not a cook. You will not find me in the kitchen making delicious meals or trying out new recipes. I can do it if I must (kind of), but it’s just not my thing. However when you’re trying to live a healthier and more organic lifestyle you have to make your way around the kitchen because those microwave meals are not going to cut it. I think moms can totally relate. Here’s why…
When you’re a busy mom on-the-go, or a single mom, or a working mom, or an entrepreneur (like myself), you don’t always have the time to think of the meals that you are going to prepare throughout the week. Not only that, trying to figure out where to find these particular ingredients also is time consuming. There’s so much to do and so little time! This is why a lot of us have go-to meals that are quick and easy to make, however, their nutritional value may be weak. Why do healthy meals usually require so many steps and ingredients?! There’s just so much prep work to do and your kids will probably hate the healthy meal that you made anyway. Am I right? (As they beg for macaroni and cheese or chicken nuggets.)
You’ve seen some of my go-to healthy meals and snacks that I’ve been eating, but what about the days when we don’t have the time (or the sanity) to think about and prepare dinner? You know those days when it’s 5 o’clock and dinner needs to be ready in less than an hour?… How are we going to make a healthy meal for the family? (Because all you have in your fridge is cheese, deli meat, butter and a bell pepper.) Well, I was contacted by a company that has taken all of the planning, preparation and guess work out of healthy cooking. If you haven’t heard of this company, Sun Basket, I highly recommend that you check them out. I tried it out for two weeks and I honestly am now a convert. Their recipes and ingredients have taken my cooking skills (or lack thereof) to the next level. (Or maybe the first level. But I’m definitely getting somewhere with their help!)
My husband and I had the opportunity to try 6 meals (three meals per week) using Sun Basket and Brian is already asking if we could order another box to arrive for next week. Here’s what we’ve experienced when using their services:
- Don’t plan, just order. Meal planning and meal prepping sucks. Maybe that’s just my opinion though. It’s just so much work! With Sun Basket, I loved how I don’t have to think about what exact recipes I should be making or want to make because 1) I don’t really cook, and 2) I would never try anything new on my own. It’s always the same things over and over going on rotate for breakfast, lunch and dinner. By using their service, I just had to click on their menu button (which changes weekly, by the way!) and select my three meals that I want. Viola!
- High quality ingredients. What convinced me to give Sun Basket a try was the quality of their ingredients and that their recipes are created by a top chef and approved by a nutritionist. There are other businesses that provide this type of service, but Sun Basket’s quality is unparalleled. Seriously! They have hand-selected, seasonal ingredients that are chosen from the Pacific Coast’s best farms. We have been very pleased with all of the ingredients that they have sent. Delicious!
- Convenient. It doesn’t get any easier when the best and healthiest seasonal ingredients are delivered right to your doorstep. (They do weekly deliveries all over the country every Wednesday! It will arrive in an insulated box so that everything stays fresh.) No more skimming through Pinterest for that recipe or running to the grocery store for the ingredients that will take probably forever to find.
- Easy to follow recipes. I thought that since I am not a cook I would have a difficult time making the recipes. I was actually very wrong. Their recipes are very easy to follow along and essentially fool proof. If I can make them, trust me, anyone can make one (or a few) of their impressive meals.
- Less waste. I also really liked how I wasn’t wasting any ingredients. At the grocery store, they make you buy a certain quantity that may be pre-packaged. Will you ever use that ingredient again before it goes bad? Probably not. With Sun Basket the ingredients are pre–measured which means less hassle and less waste.
- Having fun with your partner (or kids). It is actually fun cooking together and following along the recipes with your family! This is coming from a person who doesn’t normally like to cook. My husband and I enjoyed being able to create something and have a nice meal together. It was almost like a date night just for us. I’m sure the kids would love to help out too. It really is super simple.
- Trying new things. It’s good to expand your palette’s horizons. And it’s also a good idea to have your children try new and healthy meals, too. When children aren’t introduced to new flavors and cuisines at a young age they are more likely to become picky eaters and less likely to try new types of food as they get older. So try something new! Seriously, we did not make one thing that we did not love. And I appreciate how they have customized Paleo, Gluten–Free, and vegetarian options for you to choose from if you have health/diet restrictions.
- Saving me time. I would have never tried to make some of these recipes on my own. I wouldn’t know where to start, where to find some of these flavors or the healthy ingredients that they recommend. Doing it on my own would have taken me more time that I frankly don’t have and frustration. Yes, it does take time to make the recipes that Sun Basket sends, however, it cuts that time that you would normally be spending to a small fraction. You already have the recipe, the ingredients and the right amount all ready, all you have to do is prepare and serve! It truly is a fun culinary experience in a box.
- You will feel like a chef! Again, since I’m usually not the person in the kitchen, making these beautiful and delicious recipes made me feel so proud. You’ll say to yourself, “Look at what I just made. I made that!” All of a sudden you will start taking pictures of your food because it looks so good and tastes great too. It’s also really rewarding when you finish the recipe and have the meal on a plate. You just made a delicious and nutritious meal for your family. You go, mama!
- You will feel so much better. It’s normal for us all to rotate and make the same meals over and over, but our bodies are craving for more variety! Changing things up in your diet is not only good for your body but also good for your mind. Knowing that you are creating good meals, good memories and healthy minds and bodies are the best gifts you can give yourself and your family. You won’t regret it.
So there you have it! I’m a huge fan of these delectable recipes and their fantastic customer service. I’m sure their other customers are thrilled as well. If you want to try out Sun Basket, click on this link to receive $30 off! I do not receive a commission on this link, but wanted to share this discount with all of you so hopefully more of you mamas (and papas) can have a quick and easy solution that I’m sure you and your family will love. Bon appétit!