Easy Breakfasts for Busy Mornings: Bacon and Cheese Crockpot Quiche
- Items to Keep at Grandma’s House - August 19, 2018
- Best Mealtime Products for Baby and Toddler - August 15, 2018
- How To Succeed in Potty Training Without Even Crying - August 9, 2018
Jessica Tomes is a wife and mommy to three precious (but rambunctious) little girls. She is currently pregnant with baby number four, and can’t wait to meet HIM this September! She has a degree in broadcast journalism from Texas Christian University. She owns The Plaid Pony, an upscale online boutique featuring curated favorites for infants through tweens — and is so excited to launch The Plaid Pony Home this Fall! She is passionate about writing and marketing impeccably designed clothing and furniture, and this wonderfully beautiful mess we call motherhood. She happily resides in Houston, Texas — eating all the Tex Mex she can get her hands on!
Adapted from momswithcrockpots.com
We know. Mornings are tough. We have totally been there, lived that, and bought the matching tee shirts. And I am convinced that mornings are the worst for mamas. Not only are we expected to make sure everyone wakes up and gets dressed on time, but we’re expected to feed them, too. And preferably with a smile (as opposed to a nasty snarl). This is more difficult for some of us than others. My sweet husband hails from Nashville — he loves his Southern cooking. He would be perfectly content to eat eggs, bacon, and biscuits every single morning. I’ve explained to him that this kind of constant diet wreaks havoc on my waistline (as well as my cholesterol). Most mornings, he either skips breakfast or eats something quick at work. Which leaves me and the babies to enjoy a “girly breakfast” on the slower mornings (when we don’t have school or other extracurricular activities).
One of my favorite dishes to make on these mornings is this slow cooker breakfast quiche. It’s super easy to prepare, and tastes incredible! This dish is perfect for homemade brunch with your lady friends — and can even be made over the weekend in preparation for the busy week ahead! Refrigerate what you think you’ll need, and just freeze the rest.
Here’s how you make it:
- Grease your slow cooker crock with one tablespoon of butter. Leave any excess in the crock and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 10 beaten eggs, one cup of light cream or half and half, a half cup of chopped spinach, and a half cup of chopped red bell pepper. Oh, the pretty colors! Pour the liquid mixture into the buttered crock.
- Next, cook 10 pieces of bacon and finely chop. Sprinkle the bacon over the liquid in the crockpot.
- Cover the crock and cook on low for approximately four hours. Keep an eye on the crock. Do not allow the quiche to overcook or it will be dry.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sometimes I like to serve mini muffins alongside the quiche — I love to combine sweet and savory flavors whenever I can. Don’t you? What are some of your favorite slow cooker breakfast recipes? We would love to hear! Feel free to share in the comments.