Motivation for Moms: 3 Ways to Reach Your Fitness Goals
- 4 Activities to Relieve Pregnancy Back Pain - July 12, 2018
- Motivation for Moms: 3 Ways to Reach Your Fitness Goals - July 4, 2018
- Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Moms On-the-Go - June 14, 2018
As a new mom, I know what it’s like to be a busy woman who wants to regain her body (and energy). I created BeyondFit Mom to give women the tools needed to reach their fat-loss, health, energy, nutrition, and training goals. It’s not about a quick-fix program that leaves you floundering after a few weeks. BeyondFit Life is about results now and in the future. It’s about ongoing support, learning, education, and information sharing so you can take your results “BeyondFit” and into the rest of your life. I’m the founder of BeyondFit Mom, with a Bachelor’s degree in Health and Exercise Science. I’m a professional fat-loss expert with years of experience in helping women shed body fat, boost fitness, and learn how to live a fat-loss lifestyle. I’m also a mom to two little boys, and BeyondFit Mom is my other baby!
If you’re a mom and struggling to stay motivated with your current health, and fitness routine, you’re not alone. Many women say that they simply feel “stuck,” and struggle with getting motivated to make a change. They’ve acknowledged a problem and want to become healthier, but they’re just not sure how to get started taking steps towards their goal.
How do you best go about staying motivated to break old habits and create new ones that will bring about the changes you are seeking?
If you’re working on your goals but need some motivation, I’m here to help.
Here are 3 ways to stay motivated to reach your goals:
Before you start your exercise program, you need a plan. To get started, answer these three questions:
- When will you exercise? Identify three days and times that are convenient for you and stick with those days so you are working out at the same time each week.
- What type of exercise will you do? The best type of exercise is one you enjoy.
- Finally, how much time will you spend exercising?
If you want to stay on track with your goals, you need support and accountability. Find someone else who has resolved to start exercising and begin your fitness journey together. Having a partner will increase your chances for success and you’ll have more fun! An exercise partner provides you with a support system, a positive social experience and inspiration. Additionally, there will be times when you don’t feel like working out and a partner can be just the motivation you need to get going.
Prepare for Progress
Once you have your exercise plan and your exercise partner, you’re ready to get to the fun part: making progress! Beware, though, one of the biggest problems with fitness goals is they can be extremely impractical. Setting goals is a great idea, but make sure they are realistic and feasible. You won’t drop 10 lbs in 2 weeks, but with time and consistency, you can make more progress than you ever thought possible!
Motivation for Moms: 3 Things to Remember
You can’t replace something with nothing. If you want to stop doing something, don’t replace that something with nothing. The brain has pathways deeply associated with your behaviors. If you are used to doing something in a particular situation and you simply stop, you are not providing the brain with new pathways.
- Too much all at once is exhausting. Change one thing at a time. Self-control is exhaustible, and the brain does not do well at multitasking.
- Design the environment. Every change you make should be as easy or easier than the one it replaces.
- Practice in your head. Remember the fact that the brain cells that fire together, wire together, and the faster they wire together, the more likely you are to solidify change. Imagine yourself doing the behavior you want to make a habit. Play it in your head over and over again.